Hello Kitten

Started by Gopher, Apr 24 06 11:35

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Gopher

Just having a whale of a time - sorting our paperwork and then doing lots of 'entertaining', not to mention having eventually won my battle with my paymasters who for no reason at all had dropped my pay $60 per month from March onwards.  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

kitten

Did they perchance give a reason for the shortfall?  Since you aren't independently wealthy, that is rather nasty of them.  Glad it's cleared up now, though.  I hope they returned the missing money.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Gopher

"It's in the post" - or rather, I am assured, on the way to my bank. Apologies were so profuse that I declined to ask for any interest that would have accrued had I decided to bank it.

kitten

Ah, the old "In the post" routine. No doubt being sent by way of Outer Mongolia.  Apologies are nice, but not making that mistake in the first place would have been much better.

Gopher

Yes, it would have saved me a lot not to nice thoughts - thoughts which sometimes even included RUDE WORDS!.

kitten

RUDE WORDS?????  Jumpin' Jehosophat!!  I just don't believe you could stoop that low.  You were exceedingly irate, my friend.  I'm quite sure my claws would have been out if it happened to me.

Gopher

I wrote that phrase, having just rememberd a girl  I  once worked with who was so refined that wherever the 'normal person would have let loose some foul language, she just very primly said "Oh, deary me, rude words".I wonder what on earth happened to her.  

kitten

Perhaps she finally succumbed and uttered a couple of rude words, and now is living under an alias.

Gopher

Actually, she really did succumb ONCE - she let fly with everything under the sun, and then as if to add emphasis, added "and rude words!". She also used to say  "Oh naughty me, slap my wrist", every time she made a mistake - and then always followed it up with a very genteeel pat.  

kitten

Was she truly of this world, or was she sent as an alien observer?  She must have originally been from a very small town.

Gopher

Her father was a general or something like that, so I guess she had had the 'right sort' of education. Maybe she'd even been finished, as they used to say.

Were you, Kitten?

kitten

No, I've never been "Finished".  I'm still a work in progress, but I'm at the stage where it is safe to take me out in public without fear of embarrassment.

Gopher

OIC, you wear a veil.

kitten

Watch it with those "veiled" remarks.  I'm sensitive!

Gopher

|