Hello Kitten

Started by Gopher, Apr 24 06 11:35

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Gopher

And now to be quite serious , Kitten. From your vast experience can you inform me if cats all the world over miaow the same - or do they do it with different accents?
A fool's paradise is better than none.

kitten

I think it depends on the breed of cat.  I would think that a Persian cat would have a distinguished upper crust English accent, whereas a Heinz 57 cat ould be more likely to converse in a Cockney dialect.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Gopher

Gopher

Lise wrote:
kitten wrote:
What is this, Lise?  Celebrity gossip with manufactured romance?   LOL

Gopher is no doubt a glorious animal. Small, sleek, furry and likes to seek holes.

[FONT color=#ff0000]You've certainly been doing your homework on me. But small? Moi?[/FONT]

kitten

Hello, sleek, furry animal!  I won't say small, since I don't know you well enough.  

As for my dialect, it depends on the company I keep.  I can purr quietly, or hiss and snarl when necessary.

Gopher

I can't think of you otherwise than purring.

How's your day developing?  All goes well here and the heat's at last dropped to the high seventies  (thanks to an hour's rain earlier on), but the forecast is for the temperature to start rising again very soon.

Big excitement: I found my poppies (which had germinated in September and then miraculously withstood endless heavy frosts) have suddenly started to flower - all of them over 6ft high. Never had them this tall before.

kitten

Purring is my preferred mode of speech.

My day is going well.  I took my cat in to get his tank filled with those precious electrolytes, and learned that he has gained 16 ounces since he started treatment.  I really purred loudly at that news!  Other than that, I'm savouring my last day of freedom before I return to work.  It's grey skies with showers today.  The temperature is reasonable, but it always seems colder when it's rainy.  It's just a matter of perception, really.  I can't imagine how you can work outside in such hot weather.

I have some California poppies blooming, but they aren't much more than a foot tall.  My climbing roses (don't know their names) are in full bloom, and I was out pruning the dead flowers off yesterday.  And I bought a large basket of petunias in white, pink and mauve.

My computer is crawling this morning so it takes a while to reply.  So I apologize for any delay.  

kitten

I'm having too much trouble trying to read the posts.  Usually the computer runs out of time and won't display the page, so I'm going to shut down for today.  Have a great day today.  Did you have a nice lunch?

Gopher

Glad to hear of the gain in weight - no doubt he purred at the news too.

Yes, DV was running ultra-slowly earlier on and I also logged out early ( but even that took me an age). It's frustrating when that happens.  

kitten

Today the computer seems to be running a lot faster.       Perhaps we can now converse in real time.  TehBorken must have lit a bonfire under their office.  Good morning, Gopher.  I spotted your name when I logged on.  Everything still bright and hot in your area?

Gopher

Everything still bright and hot? No! It's cooled down quite a lot and we're in the high sixties now, this isn't bad at all - only trouble is it's very damp - but even that's bearable after the recent days in the nineties.

Fortunately during the hot days I was able to take full advantage of my job and work inside or outside as I chose. Today I've been mainly inside so far 'setting to rights' a group of the mentally ill group who pay a visit every Wednesday.

How aree things with you?

And yes, this board is MUCH better at present, and thank heaven for it.

kitten

You have made me very curious about the work you do, but I won't be rude enough to ask just what it is.  It is nice to have the option of inside or outside work.  Too bad the weather had to change and rain on your parade.

Last night, while trying to get to sleep, I was thinking of the difficulty in posting.  Suddenly "archie and mehitabel" came to mind.  It's somewhat similar to this thread.  Do you recall the story by e.e.cummings?

Gopher

I've neverr been into e.e.cummings I'm afraid. I think the fact that small letters were used in the name raised my hackles and they just wouldn't go far down enough to allow me to investigate farther.

As I said, my job is (for me) the almost perfect one - there are a million and one facets to it, everything from cleaning toilets to arranging weddings and funerals.

kitten

That's a very broad range of duties!  When the Census asks for your occupation, do they provide enough lines for your answer?  I guess your knowledge of flowers comes in handy for the weddings and funerals, or do the participants choose them themselves?

Gopher

They provide their own flowers.

When the census asks my occupatuion I just give them my work title - in the happy knowledge that it will mean nothing to them.

|