Cheese Platter

Started by Lise, Dec 06 08 11:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Russ

Get some smoked salmon slices (mr costco) and put some philly cream cheese on it. Roll it up and cut in half.

Im with PL and PC. Get some Cheeses from Costco and Stupidstore. Get some jalapeno flavoured cheese for sure, cheddar (aged), mozza, and of course brie and other funny soft cheeses. Chop up, put some pepperoni (two pack from costco for 1299), get some of those cannenburg or canterbury crackers nearby.. then some dip for the crackers as well.

MMMM. Im thinking about my own platter for tonight now.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

P.C.

Some nice soft cheeses are Camembert and Chevre.  Lovely texture and delectable flavour.  Havarti and German Butter Cheese are a couple other nice choices.  A nice festive 'red and green accompaniment' for a cheese platter is cherry tomatoes......  Cut off the tops....scoop out with a teaspoon, and fill with some pesto and a tiny crumble of feta on top.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

Russ wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]Get some smoked salmon slices (mr costco) and put some philly cream cheese on it. Roll it up and cut in half.[/div]  
And you could also buy those pickled asparagus and wrap it with the cream cheese and smoked salmon....yumm!!

Have you tried the creme brule from Costco, Russ?  I heard it's really good.

Michel

Lise

Oh, I know those baby cheeses. Good stuff. The first time I had them was.... on my first trip to Canada on Air Canada. Go figure.

Everyone has such neat ideas! We should all get together and bring our own cheese, hang out and drink glorious wine. Wouldn't that be lovely?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lil Me

Uh, I can donate...a bit of shredded cheddar, a shaker of Parmesan, and some of my father-in-law's skuzzy looking homemade wine (he doesn't clean the bottles first...)

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Russ

purelife wrote:
And you could also buy those pickled asparagus and wrap it with the cream cheese and smoked salmon....yumm!!
Have you tried the creme brule from Costco, Russ?  I heard it's really good.

Ive seen both the Pickled asparagus and the Creme Brule's at costco. Havent tried either of them though. I couldnt convince the SS to let me get either. For teh asparagus for me I dont drink enough ceasars for me to justify it. At least now I have another excuse why!

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Sportsdude

I'm taking the Canadian Goose home to STL do you think they still give them out? My family will find it funny, extended not so much. lol

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."