Current Reading

Started by Gopher, Apr 16 06 11:15

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

Really? How come? I'd like to start reading.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Gopher

The Courilof Affair - Irene Nemirovsky
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Gopher

The Power and the Glory - Graham Greene  

Lil Me

The Lost Symbol - Dan Brown
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Let me know how that one is, Lil Me.  I was so disappointed with The DaVinci Code....so I'd be interested to hear a report on it.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Russ

Hondo, Louis Lamour

Ive been getting addicted to these darn books again

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Gopher

I didn't persevere with The Power and the Glory so now I'm reading David Golder by Irene Nemirovsky  

P.C.

[span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]Russ wrote:  Hondo, Louis Lamour[/span][br style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"][br style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"][br style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"][span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]Ive been getting addicted to these darn books again[/span]

I hope this doesn't spoil anything for you, but I always think of Louis Lamour as the guy equivalent to Harlequin Romance.    
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Gopher

I always associate him with Dorothy.

Russ

P.C. wrote:
I hope this doesn't spoil anything for you, but I always think of Louis Lamour as the guy equivalent to Harlequin Romance.    

LOL, I guess in a ways it is!

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Gopher

Suite Francaise - Irene Nemirovsky

JJ

Tea For The Traditionally Built -  Alexander McCall Smith

Orik

audio books bromliad trilogy by terry pratchett taking a break from reading I like to listen to them while working

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Lil Me

P.C. wrote:
Let me know how that one is, Lil Me.  I was so disappointed with The DaVinci Code....so I'd be interested to hear a report on it.  --

It wasn't very good. :(

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test

when I find time.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

|