Current Reading

Started by Gopher, Apr 16 06 11:15

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

Oh.....is that why I'm not getting as much reading done as I'd like ?   [A href="http://www.clipartof.com/details/emoticon/377.html"][img title=Pac-Man height=15 alt=Pac-Man src="http://www.clipartof.com/images/thumbnail/377.gif" width=15 border=0][/A]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

Marik wrote:
ahhhh you guys read so many books! I'm lucky if I get through 3 novels (that I pick myself) in a year...  there are video games to be played!

But you still do lots of reading, even if not from books.  Games have plenty of caption to read.  

Marik

lol purelife tell that to my parents!

purelife

The Mermaid Chair - Sue Monk Kidd

Lil Me

The Painted House- John Grisham....fabulous read.  I'm not usually a Grisham fan (though I read most of the books...lol) but this one is GOOD.

Got another pile of Beverly Lewis books from the library- another series of novels about the Amish.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

The Memory of Running - Ron McLarty

Thanks for the recomendation on Painted House. (I saw it the other day but wasn't sure if I should read it)  I'll check that out after my read.

Russ

Lil Me wrote:
The Painted House- John Grisham....fabulous read.  I'm not usually a Grisham fan (though I read most of the books...lol) but this one is GOOD.

Got another pile of Beverly Lewis books from the library- another series of novels about the Amish.

I read all of Grishams books. Like his writing style.
Why are you reading novels about the Amish? Trying to become a nun or something? :)

Im reading solar wars by charles solgrid

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lil Me

I like reading about different cultures.
 The Amish aren't nuns, Russ!!!!  They're farmers.  They don't use much technology because they want to live "the simple life".  I think there's wisdom in that.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

Have you watched "The Village" Lil Me?  It refers to the Amish.

Michel

Lil Me

lol.  I should get a straw hat to go with my fur.

Haven't seen the movie, purelife.

P.C.

Hmmm.  I read the Painted House, but I don't recall it being a Grisham.  I mean, I know it is, but for some reason it doesn't ring a bell.  (I've read all of his stuff too Russ)

Lil Me.....I finally slugged my way through The Life of Pi.  I have no idea what value the first 37 chapters had in that story.  Almost tossed it, but my friend insisted I try to hang in.  Middle of the book was sensational....nail biting and totally exciting, hard to put down....all to end up with an ending as dull as the beginning.  Grrrrrr
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lise

Uhm.... is anyone here into fantasy?? Am I the only odd one out?

David Gemmell's Troy: Lord of the Silverbow
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Russ

Lil Me wrote:
I like reading about different cultures.
The Amish aren't nuns, Russ!!!!  They're farmers.  They don't use much technology because they want to live "the simple life".  I think there's wisdom in that.

LOL! I know the Amish arent into tech.. Just buggin' ya!
I really got a good vision and idea about them when I followed a girl to Guelph one time.. just outside there, there's a farmers market.. and a HUGE amish population.
I think its called St Jacob's farmers market.. the homemade sausage and soap is out of this world! I have friends that have family there, and whenever they go, I dont have to ask them to bring back any anymore.

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lil Me

oooooh!  I love homemade soap.  Russ- you would like goat's milk soap (I'm not a fan).  Makes you smell very goat-y.

|