Current Reading

Started by Gopher, Apr 16 06 11:15

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Russ

Jon Kellerman - Rage

sorry Im about 25 books farther than teh last time I mentioned waht I was reading.. no idea what they all were either! lol.

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

P.C.

Life of Pi by Yann Martel.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

ooooh.  I liked Life of Pi....even though I didn't really "get it". (all the symbolism about the boy, the lifeboat, the tiger...)  I have no idea what the book was really about.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

I have to say, I'm glad to hear that Lil Me.  I too am floundering a bit.  I'm on the track, that the symbolism of his collection of religions and his interaction with the animals on the lifeboat, are somehow related....but I'm not quite far enough in the story to know if this is so.

Lil Me

but I do want a pet tiger now.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

lol....I want a pet tiger every time I see a cub on the news.  

P.C.

So, are you saying this book is an elusive enigma to the end ?  I'm already at that stage where I'm hoping for it to start connecting.  

Michel

purelife

Bump this question for PC and Gopher:  (posted from last page)

It's funny how you guys were talking about The Secret Life of Bees!

I just purchased it today and can't wait to read it.

Are you guys going to watch the movie when it comes out?

I also heard that the book, Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert is good.  Has anyone read it?[/DIV]

P.C.

Eat Pray Love was ok.  I didn't hate it nor love it.

purelife

Will you be watching the movie when it comes out?  

P.C.

I probably wouldn't go out of my way to watch it.....but if it happened to be on, I wouldn't turn away.  It's a great story....and I can't see any room for Hollywood to ruin this story.  It's basic and wonderful in its simplicity and there is little room for wild interpretation.....which is usually the downfall of books turned to film.

Sportsdude

Metamorphosis- Kafka
Kafka week continues.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Sportsdude

Oh I just remembered the book A Separate Peace- by John Knowles as one of the books that had a major influence.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Gopher

A Gun For Sale - Graham Greene
A fool's paradise is better than none.

|