Pictures Only Please!

Started by kits, Feb 09 06 02:47

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

monkey? Oh so that's where the smell is coming from!  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Michel

who knows? I doubt the people here have any clue. They're clueless. 95% of this town doesn't know that this town is french. They all go what's that corn thingy shown everywhere. (cour de lis) or the town next to me Des Peres (Our Fathers) yet most people say Dez Perez. You'd think they'd know better all the major roads are french names.

As a follow up to the couguar thread  that you finish with St-Pierre et Miquelon SD, I must say that as a French Canadian there's nohing more amazing to see all those French names everywhere in North America where nobody ever speak French Anymore. All those guys were amazing explorers. It's also very funny to hear the pronounciations of some names, one among others being Boise (wooded land) or the name of the native nation Nez Percés (pierced nose), Baton Rouge and so on. On a personnal note, I must say that for those last 3,  I couldn't figure out what it was when I first heard those pronounced by locals, especially the "nezperce" one that sounds like "nay pair say" in French but that the Natives themselves pronounced "naze purse"!!! I needed to see it written to figure it out !!! How amazing, and how sad at the same time.

Sportsdude

Oh yeah most of the towns names and streets here are french sounding. I always loved the names. Its either French or British named towns and streets. The older the town is the more likely it will be french the newer 1700's its a British name due to the British rule.  

Michel

It makes something exotic. I love it when they keep native names too, as long as I can recognized them of course. Some just sound too weird. I went to 3 villages near Terrace, even with the map and the panel on the road, I had to stop to check the chain of letters composing them and make sure it was the same village !!! doh !  

Sportsdude

yeah i love those names.  

purelife

Sportsdude

I drank all my Beck's so does that mean I have to go to bottled and not tap?  

purelife

Sportsdude wrote:
[FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffff40"]I drank all my Beck's [/FONT]so does that mean I have to go to bottled and not tap?

Did your Beck make you feel warm and fuzzy like it did for Vic?  ;)

Sportsdude

of course while else wouldn't it.  

49er

Did Prince Phillip just fart?

Look at queen's face in last pic

Michel

boring, I cannot see any pic from work in that thread.

Michel

more exactly, could not see many of the pics here.

P.C.

That doesn't make it boring, silly goose....it makes it unviewable.

That's hilarious 49er.  Darn that freeze frame huh?  lol    
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Michel

WOUHOU  I'M ON MY OWN AND NOBODY CAN SEE ME !!!

P.C.

LOL....excellent Michel  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a077.gif" border=0]  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

|