The Ebony Lounge

Started by P.C., Mar 27 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

Nature groups in the midwest? The only one I can think of is the eagle watching the senior citzens do in jan/feb I'd do that but I'd have to bundle up probably would just go by my lonsome self and take pictures like I took of the french fort 2 weeks ago.

Again any groups wouldn't put me in my age group because my age group only does drugs/party/work/school/computer/tv. Thats it. Oh and they smoke i don't want to get lung cancer from them.

I did do rowing, haven't been back in a long time because of a schedule conflict but there too, I'm with older people and its not the most social group because I was always the youngest and never could fit in the conversation because I didn't work for Boeing. (everyone there worked for Boeing).

There's nothing I enjoy here.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

kitten

Is there a photography club there?  That might be the answer to your problem.  You could learn new things from them, and quite possibly you would have something to contribute as well.  That would be time well spent.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Sportsdude

I've done that before. My counselor is a photographer. He had a group that would get together when I was a kid on every saturday. We'd go to the Zoo. (free). I've learned pretty much everything from that little group.

kitten

If you enjoyed it, maybe you could find an adult group to join.

Sportsdude

I don't know. See whenever I join these groups its usually full of people twice or three times my age. I get along fine people that age, always have. The problem is that all it does is make me more and more comfortable around older adults. I need things my own age. My entire life I've gotten along great with much older people. I like intelligent conversations and other things. Talk about life and such. No college people are going to be into that. Plus if I did run into college people I'd feel threatend because they'd go "how old are you" I'd say my age. And then they go "oh where do you go to school?" and thats where I lie to make something up. I've been doing this for years now. I still embarassed.

kitten

Being comfortable with older adults will be an asset when you finish college and enter the workforce.  You will meet people your own age in college, and they won't all be the partying type.  A lot of them will have serious goals that they are working toward, and I'm sure you will fit in with them very well.  The useless ones you knew in school will never get to college because of their lifestyle.  Only the smart ones get ahead.  I think you will find it very different from what you are used to.  You won't have time to procrastinate in college because the learning pace steps up quite a bit.  It will give you something to build a future with, and also pride that you have succeeded with your goals.   The rest is up to you.  How far you get depends on how hard you try.    

Sportsdude

i know its all up to me. Eck, I crumble under pressure. I was always the kid with the big ideas but never followed through.

kitten

Time to change your ways.  It will be up to you in college.  You won't have anyone standing behind you pushing you to finish an assignment.  If you don't study, you've blown the cost of your tuition, and you don't want to do that.  Every time you crumble, you reinforce a negative image of yourself.  Keep doing that, and you won't be able to do anything for fear of failure.

Sportsdude

thanks kitten. I don't think I'll have that failure thing on me in university because I'd be focused far far away from home. Nothing really to distract me. Too much to distract me here.

kitten

Unless you plan to be a hermit, there will be plenty of distractions at college.  Not the same distractions as home, but they exist.

Sportsdude

LOL. I've been to the university. I know what the 'distractions' will be. Parties: not much of a party hardy person plus I'd be on the rowing team and they get up at 4am everyday to row out on the lake. So x that out, the crew team does party but only once a month ish at a house on a saturday night on a spring break.

Girls, shouldn't be that big of a problem.

Roomates: I'm not going into the party dorms. I'd struggle in those places because the need to fit in would be too great so I'd room in the international wing with all the international students.

Need peace and quiet in my room? Simple, turn on the CBC and people seem to leave. (they don't like  that channel I love it on the other hand).

Really its not too hard. I don't drink, gamble or do dumb stuff. I'm pretty normal. Its the little distractions that get to me. like Video games. Won't bring any of that stuff along.

kitten

No video games?  You will likely find that most of the students have brought them.  Another distraction you will need to avoid.  But your plan sounds good.

kitten

P.C. wrote:
 Yipes....teh Lounge was burried.  How are you tonight ?

Yes, it's my FRIDAY !!!!

Went to our staff 'wind-up' party last night.  I wasn't planning on attending, but hubby insisted it would be a good idea to at least make an appearance.....so I did.  We won a few prizes, and I won the 'grand prize'.  A TV !!!!

Who'd a thunk ??

I went back to read what I missed, and discovered you won a TV!  Congratulations!!    

[img onmouseover="this.style.backgroundColor='#C6D3EF';this.style.border='1px solid #3169C6'; " style="BORDER-RIGHT: #3169c6 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #3169c6 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #3169c6 1px solid; CURSOR: pointer; BORDER-BOTTOM: #3169c6 1px solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #c6d3ef" onclick="InsertImage('/forums/richedit/smileys/Happy/11.gif');" onmouseout="this.style.backgroundColor=''; this.style.border=''" src="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/richedit/smileys/Happy/11.gif" align=absMiddle]

kitten

Must.......sleep.  Goodnight, all.

P.C.

Me too.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/muede/k030.gif" border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

|