The Ebony Lounge

Started by P.C., Mar 27 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

Hi CK  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a025.gif" border=0]

I'm around.  You have my sympathies CK.  Painting is a lot of work.  Prep and clean-up taking up more time than the actual painting.  I haven't finished my painting yet, but I had to switch tack for a day or two.  I made a new hearth last winter, but it's a mess and I need to make another one.  I dry set marble tile, and it didn't last past the first day.  It's basically a bag of gravel now. Too soft.....what a waste of money THAT was.

I try not to do indoor projects in the good weather, but a buddy has a good set of bottle jacks to lift the woodstove and he's on his way out of town this week, so we are taking advantage of his jacks AND his mucsles before he leaves. I WON'T be dry setting the new tile.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

CK

I found out how much work painting was when I first moved to Calgary. I painted my whole basement and made a workout room and play/rec room. Yeah, taping sucks. But like I said before, some music, and a cold drink waiting makes it all worth while.

kitten

Did you finish the tiling, P.C.?  Was it difficult?  
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Sportsdude

Good Evening ladies, got back from the farm today. Took a sunset picture want to see it?
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

kitten

Sure!  Are you going to put it in the Pictures Only thread?

Sportsdude

either here or the pictures thread you pick.

kitten

You're the one with the photo.  But why not here?  It will look good anywhere.

Sportsdude

[A href="http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=49gmjqe"][img alt="Image hosting by TinyPic" src="http://tinypic.com/49gmjo7.jpg" border=0][/A]

I took it on the road to the highway. Was really really really tired and spent most of my 3 hrs down there (had to take grandma back home for the weekend) I spent sleeping in my mothers childhood room. (its a farm house, room still looks like it did back in the 70's lol). More things change the more things stay the same.

kitten

Gorgeous pic, Sportsdude!  Were you tired from the driving or had you been busy before you drove to the farm and it caught up to you?

Sportsdude

just really tired in general. Both me and grandma where toast, got to the house both just collapsed and went to sleep

kitten

Whatever happened to the Habitat for Humanity project?  Did you work on it, or was it cancelled?

Sportsdude

No I worked on it last week. If it wasn't for me and this other guy from Oregon, the house that I was working on would very far far behind. Not working this weekend because

A) Would be just coming off of work and I'm tired to began with last thing I need to do is staple my hand to the house because I'm falling asleep. lol.

B) They only needed a couple people this week. So, might as well give it to someone who could give it there all for 8hrs on the work site.

kitten

Glad you got some work on it.  Some family is going to be grateful for the helping hands.

Sportsdude

yup I met the whole family. Nice people.

kitten

Nice!  I bet they're excited.  If I remember right, they also have to work on the house as much as possible.

|