The Ebony Lounge

Started by P.C., Mar 27 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Michel

P.C.

Prewashing bedding is because the sizing in fabric is formaldehyde.  It can cause burning eyes and is unhealthy to breathe.  Sizing is in most fabrics and is almost always in bedding linens.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Russ

P.C. wrote:
 Prewashing bedding is because the sizing in fabric is formaldehyde.  It can cause burning eyes and is unhealthy to breathe.  Sizing is in most fabrics and is almost always in bedding linens.[/DIV]
 The voice of Reason :)
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

purelife

What's sizing?  Are you talking about the bed fitted sheets or the blankets?  That's good info.  I was always wondering why we had to wash it.  I wash mine anyways because I was told that it was good to wash all towels, new bed sheets, etc before use.  

P.C.

Hi purelife  

Sizing is put into fabrics to help give it shape and to make ironing easier when it is at the 'pre-garment' stage...(needed for cutting patterns etc.)  It's also used as a dirt resister during the manufacturing stage in making the fabric.  If nothing else, pre-washing is good because that stuff stinks.

purelife

Thanks PC.  bless yer cotton socks...You are certainly the Mother of all Mothers and Knowledge!  =)

P.C.

You are certainly the Mother of all Mothers.

[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c025.gif" border=0][/DIV]

Michel

P.C.

I'm afraid to ask.

Michel

Lil Me

Cheers everyone!

I'm in the Ebony Lounge with a glass of homemade hooch (fruit wine) with ice cubes.  It tastes kinda like crap :(  I think this was another batch of wine that I "cooked" by storing the bottles in the laundry room.  Ooops.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

you make your own wine lil me?

*goes to get his capt. morgan on the counter*

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

Yes, but I cheat.  It's wine from kits and made in the wine store.  I just go bottle it when it's ready.  Less than $3 per bottle that way.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

rofl....send me a hooch Lil Me.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a056.GIF" border=0]     (I've just poured myself a wee dollop of Sambuca while I'm waiting)  

P.C.

SD !!!!!!!   You drink RUM ???????   OMG !  

OK....step AWAY from the Captain Morgan.  Ptewwwii.  Get Mount Gay (don't pay any attention to the name)  It's without a doubt the best Rum ever.

When we were down in tenks home town, we found about 7 different varieties of Mount Gay.  (there's only one here)  THE BEST.

|