The Ebony Lounge

Started by P.C., Mar 27 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

kitten

I got nervous just looking at it!  Yipes is right!  
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Sportsdude

yeah it doesn't look stable. It doesn't look level.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

kitten

It could be the angle the picture was shot at.

P.C.

It's just a wonky pic.  If you look, it does line up witht the doorway.

And yes...you do see lights.  They are little white lights that I have come to love all year round....plus....they are not something that you want to take down and put up every season....unless you want to rent scaffolding twice a year.  They go up....they stay up till they die.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

kitten

The only sensible thing to do.  They are nice to look at, but horrendous to change.

Sportsdude

ah I see. We used to do that at our old house. But with my new neighbourhood they'd probably fine us to death until we would take them down. (goofy)

They don't want 'old looking' cars parked on the street. lol good thing I wasn't allowed to write the head of the neighbourhood back. I would of said "oh I'm sorry not all of us drive Lexus' and Mercedes".

P.C.

Well, the little white lights are not uncommon around here for 'garden ambiance'.  (of course the red and green have got to be kept off....lol....as these are most of the year too)  But sometimes they are nice on a summer eve when you don't want to blast a garden party with bright light....but candles aren't quite enough.

We like em.

Mildly Miffed Maltipoo

...um, could I get a saucer of Jack Daniels? It settles me down.  

kitten

Are you referring to the icicles on the eaves, P.C., or are there lights on the ground as well?

P.C.

HAHAHAAA.....Mildly Miffed....a saucer of Jack Daniels for YOU.....please DO enjoy.

Kitten....there are little white lights EVERYWHERE....LOL.   I don't care what the norm is....I love the lights and the magical mystical look they give.  (of course being a Christmas sap doesn't hurt any)

P.C.

Mildly Miffed....why are you feeling unsettled?  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/liebe/d038.gif" border=0]

kitten

I love small lights and candles.  I don't get into the Christmas spirit at all.  It is usually just another working day, but all the lights along the main shopping areas are lovely to look at.  

Sportsdude

those lights are cool. I like mexican festival lights for some reason. Feels festive.  

P.C.

That's my thought too Kitten.  They're just pretty to look at....so why only have them for a couple weeks a year.  I want to enjoy them when I can actually be outside in the garden.....which isn't going to happen in December.

Where are my manners?  May I get you anything Kitten?  Mildly Miffed has his saucer of JD....the least I can do is get you a nice glass of wine?    

kitten

If you wouldn't mind, could I have something a wee bit stronger?  Perhaps a double Scotch?  I much appreciate it.

|