The Ebony Lounge

Started by P.C., Mar 27 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

kitten

It's so quiet tonight you can almost hear an echo in the Ebony Lounge.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Sportsdude

there isn't anyone that can help you?  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

kitten

Nope, I'm stuck with it.  People don't volunteer to do things like that around here.  For the really heavy stuff I might have to hire someone to help me take it out, but that doesn't come cheap.

Sportsdude

hmm really? nobody helps each other out? I've helped so many people out growing up its sorta the most natural thing to do. Like when it snowed I always shoveled my elderly neighbours drive ways, helped them move things etc.  

kitten

So did I when I was young.  But nobody seems to want to get involved around here.  Must be the neighbourhood.

I'm starting to get sleepy now, so I think I should go to bed soon.  Goodnight, SD, and have a good evening.  I guess you are working tonight?

Sportsdude

yup I'm working tonight but its a holiday so I only have type of paper to throw (new york times) so I'll be in bed by 2:30! which rocks!  

P.C.

Hey Miss Kitten.....are ya alseep at the keyboard?

Just thought I'd pop in here to say goodnight.  My eyes are fighting to stay open.  I got about 2 posts left in me......lol
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

kitten

I'm getting sleepy, so won't be around much longer.  I took time out to set up coffee for the morning.  Love that timer on the coffee pot.  I wake up to the aroma of fresh coffee.

Sportsdude

Same here ladies, I need a nap before work. bloody work.
Found the 8 million dollar home on my paper route finally. He's got to 2 guest houses on his property. Owns a local pizza chain here.

P.C.

Nice touch.  We had one that ground the beans and brewed on timer.  It was great in theory, but it was a pain in the butt.  There were about 6 parts that needed to be cleaned every day.  This is not for me.  I like the 'swish the pot'....'dump the grounds....swish and reload' kind.[A href="http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb097_ZNxmk788KZCA&utm_id=7925" target=_blank][/A]  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

kitten

That's overkill.  Too much trouble for a pot of coffee.  But I like setting it up at night while my eyes are still open.  Mornings are a challenge until my first cup.

Sportsdude

I haven't had a real 'morning' for 4 years. What's it like? I forgot.  

kitten

Mornings are for people who have gone to bed at night at a reasonable hour.  

Sportsdude

Well what's that? I'm part of the night watchmen group. We work while the rest of the world sleeps. Its a thankless job but somebody's got to do it. lol  

kitten

I used to work night shift so I know what it's like.  But sleeping in the day was not so easy since there was a lot more noise.  

|