The Ebony Lounge

Started by P.C., Mar 27 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

weird al

Thank ya kindly! This stuff is so damn good. It's coming in at 14 & 14.5% in recent years... global warming maybe? Turns out Andre's (of Baby Duck notoriety)  bought Calona/Burrowing Owl/Sandhill last year. Boy, they used to be the Kings of plonk! Now theyve got some lovely stuff...

P.C.

I'm partial to the German wines.....but I'd have to agree.....we're putting out some pretty good stuff there.

Another topic.....ice wine yes ???? ice wine, no ????

Just having learned about the small window for the grapes to be prime to make ice wine, is amazing to me.  Thought it was a bunch of 'yuppie hooey', until my sister bought an orchard up there in wine country, and gave me several different bottles of Ice wine.   Mmmmmmmmmmmm.   Doesn't go so good with the roast beef and Yorkshire pudding, but it's surely like a fine dessert after.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

Someone say wine? Red tail from australia is pretty good. Would try more but alas the drinking age.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Oy vay.....just realized, that I can't keep my eyes open any more.  Good night weird al.....please make yourself at home, but lock up in your way out.  Sweet dreams !!!!  

P.C.

OMG.....missing you again, sportsdude.  Off to the land of nod for me.  Goodnight and good dreams!

Sportsdude

P.C.

Happy Easter !!!!

Just finished up some ham and scalloped potaties.....carrots with parmesan and garlic and some snow peas. Mmmmmmm.  Actually, it was leftovers. We did Easter dinner last night, as I was supposed to work later tonight.

As I tippy toed around the house getting ready for work this morn, I found Lindor truffles in every spot along my usual path.....one the top of the coffee machine....under my car keys.....on the edge of the bathroom vanity..............................boodles more.  It was a lovley start to the day.

weird al

P.C. wrote:
 Happy Easter !!!!

Just finished up some ham and scalloped potaties.....carrots with parmesan and garlic and some snow peas.

God that sounds good! P.C., you shore whomp up a mess o' vittles. Now,  Easter somehow reminded me of Bunnylady and her quest for Triops. Hope she made out ok. What's easter without triops anyway? A mere shadow of its potential self.

Coolin' with Guinness now...

Sportsdude

Just missed another tornado, will I think I did the storm looks like it split into to with a tornado going north of me and one south of me.

P.C.

OMG sportsdude....is everything OK ????

Sportsdude

Its just a lot of thunder right now. Might get some hail but other than that I think I've dodged the bullet again.

P.C.

Holy moly....I can't imagine.  It sounds like you've had your share of nasty weather down there.  Is this typical???  

Sportsdude

for spring. Not really. Mostly a summer thing. I blame it on global warming or something because this has to be the worst spring on record win it comes to severe weather. Next thing I bet that will happen is the big one will happen as in the giant earthquake that made the mississippi river change direction of flow back in the 1800's.  If that happens then saint louis and the midwest is doomed.  It will make a major earthquake in san fran look like nothing because none of the buildings here are strong enough even to withstand a minor earthquake.  

But yeah its somewhat typical that this area gets a lot of rain in april but usually not severe that stuff comes in June,July, August, September and sometimes October. And the rainy season is in the spring and fall. Already went thru the spring one if you could call it that. Rainy season down here is when there is like a chance it could rain for like an entire week. Kind of pathetic I know.

P.C.

Oh, rain for an entire week doesn't raise an eyebrow HERE, sportsdude.....but tornados.....now that's another thing !!!!!  lol  

Sportsdude

I remember looking up the history of vancouver once and it said it was hit by a hurricane, a weak tropical storm but they classified it as a hurricane. That completely boggled my mind. Although you guys probly should worry about tsunamis thou, especially if you lived in vancouver or richmond or the west coast of vancouver island.

|