What did you last buy?

Started by Gopher, Apr 17 09 11:01

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Russ

purelife wrote:
I think I'm going to get a rice cooker too.  I like the idea of "set it and forget it."  

This is the very reason that I have a crock pot.. works great for lots of little things!

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Gopher

Apples, oranges, bananas, rice, cocoa, chicken.  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

P.C.

Went down to pick up the concrete pavers that I had on hold at Home Depot.  (they wouldn't put them on hold until I payed for them...which is fine) ....but, low and behold....they sold them anyway.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

strawberries, apples, bananas, grapes  

Lil Me

Dark chocolate KitKat bar yesterday at 7-11.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

They have KitKat in dark now ?  Yum.

Lil Me

Just discovered it.

Made some cookies last week- white choc chip and crenberry/oatmeal.  I think I only like white chocolate in a cookie.  Otherwise it doesn't taste like much.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Russ

P.C. wrote:
Went down to pick up the concrete pavers that I had on hold at Home Depot.  (they wouldn't put them on hold until I payed for them...which is fine) ....but, low and behold....they sold them anyway.  

This would send me over the deep end if I was already having the issues you were talking about. I feel sorry for you PC!

Last thing I bought was dinner tonight for myself, starfishie, my bro and his girlfriend. Went to 89 inn as we havent been there in a while.. they renovated and added sushi to teh menu. <burp>

Im still packing away here. Lots of little things to pack, but Im almost there. I head out on wednesday pm now as they didnt get my visa issued until today.

Lil Me

Back to the same boat, Russ?  

P.C.

I gotta get out more.  White chocolate chips.  

It was pretty frustrating Russ.....this all after spending half an hour on hold to find out if the remainder had been shipped yet. (which it wasn't)  Then someone else phoned me, and aked if anyone had called to let me they were in.  They weren't.

The upside is, they are going to deliver them, and waive the $60 delivery charge.  Works for me.

This trip keeps getting shuffled on you.  By the time you leave you're going to have over-packed.  

Russ

Lil Me wrote:
Back to the same boat, Russ?  

Evening miss PL and PC!
YEah, back to teh same boat. I didnt want to go back to the same boat but they didnt have anything prepared for me to go anywhere else.. and all the other companies I applyed to have just answered NOW in the week before I left. Cant do that.. leave a black mark on my name. Bad news in this industry..

I hope I dont overpack PC.. I think Im better this time than I normally am. But we will see.

van_guy

Michel;
Oh, no, not true, a book on MesoAmerican archaeology. From BookWarehouse, 5th edition

Hey Michel, I am heading to Navojoa, Mexico (Baja Peninsula area).  If there are any sites in the area you would like me to photograph, I would be happy to try to get there.

I will be there for a month maybe more.
Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness (Mark Twain)

Michel

P.C.

Sawdust bought me a new shovel today.  It has a nice padded grip.  Now that's romantic.  

Michel

|