What did you last buy?

Started by Gopher, Apr 17 09 11:01

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

I know what you mean.  I did the annual clean under the couch tonight and found a lot of socks there!
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

NSgirl

Lil Me wrote:
 I know what you mean.  I did the annual clean under the couch tonight and found a lot of socks there!

I have a hell of a time with "one socks" I just don't get where they go. If I do laundry and can't find the mate to some socks I throw them in a bag and hope they show up in the next load.

then every once in a while I dump the bag and see if I have any matching pairs.

Lil Me

Aaaaah.  I have many "half sock" piles.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Ah yes, the dreaded singles club.  I solved that problem a long time ago.  I couldn't take it any more.

I buy 20 pairs of white socks all the same style and 20 pairs of black socks all the same style.  They last much much longer and I never know who is single.

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

so...you started a swingers' club?

P.C.

It was the least I could do.  So many singles with no hope of ever hooking up.  

I remember many many years back, I took my washing machine apart.  I mean seriously apart, because I was convinced it was hoarding them somewhere.  What a disaster that was.

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

DDD

P.C. wrote:
Ah yes, the dreaded singles club.  I solved that problem a long time ago.  I couldn't take it any more.

I buy 20 pairs of white socks all the same style and 20 pairs of black socks all the same style.  They last much much longer and I never know who is single.

I do the same thing except all grey
God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

Neeener

Neener has all gray socks and I don't have issues with lost ones, just ones with holes.  I throw them away one at a time and I still end up with pairs eventually.    

DDD

Neeener wrote:
Neener has all gray socks and I don't have issues with lost ones, just ones with holes. [img border=0 src="/forums/richedit/smileys/Happy/4.gif"]  I throw them away one at a time and I still end up with pairs eventually.    
     I do this also.............but it is time to go buy more as one too many with holes have been tossed out

Neeener

DDD wrote:
Neeener wrote:
Neener has all gray socks and I don't have issues with lost ones, just ones with holes.  I throw them away one at a time and I still end up with pairs eventually.    

I do this also.............but it is time to go buy more as one too many with holes have been tossed out
Yeah I do that but it's worth the trouble lol
I get the gray Hanes socks, they don't get dingy looking like the white ones. I figure they are more practical.
I have a pair or two of dress socks if I need to go someplace dressed nice. :)

DDD

OK have you been looking at my socks..........

I too own a few good dress ones.........

Neeener

DDD wrote:

Your just practical that's all, great minds have great sock drawers  

Natasha

Neeener wrote:
  DDD wrote:

Your just practical that's all, great minds have great sock drawers  

=(  I don't have a great sock drawer. I don't even have many socks. I keep losing them! ..... and my panties  =(

Last thing I bought.. A Coach handbag.

Neeener

=(  I don't have a great sock drawer. I don't even have many socks. I keep losing them! ..... and my panties  =(

Loosing your panties  your going to have to watch those strays grabbing them when your not looking

Oh I bought some Reese's cups :) Two big packs of them.

DDD

Natasha wrote:
Neeener wrote:
  DDD wrote:

I too own a few good dress ones......... [/DIV]
Your just practical that's all, [SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold"]great minds have great sock drawers[/SPAN] [img border=0 src="/forums/richedit/smileys/Happy/4.gif"]  

OK ....thinking I will skip this one...........................

|