What did you last buy?

Started by Gopher, Apr 17 09 11:01

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Russ

Well, ended up buying clothes.. and kitchen stuff from the seattle outlets. also picked up a bunch of baby clothes from there. lots on 70% off from the store there. Bought a bunch of tongs and utensils for cooking.
Have I mentioned I hate lineups yet?
Bought a GPS navigator thingy. Also bought a bunch of groceries.
Oh, also bought some nice glass pitchers and pint glasses from Ross.

Starfishie bought a bunch of nice tops and jeans. Finally.
I hate lineups.

Bought 2 bottles of tequila to bring back.. both cost 36 bucks together incl tax. Good deal when you consider that a 1.14 litre bottle costs 49.95 in the BCL plus tax.
Ive discovered that the best bang for the buck in hard stuff is tequila.. A bottle of Rum or Vodka costed 16-18 bucks a bottle at teh duty free, while at the BCL they are around 39 bucks.

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

LM@work

Russ wrote:
Well, ended up buying clothes.. and kitchen stuff from the seattle outlets. also picked up a bunch of [FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffff00"]baby clothes [/FONT]from there. lots on 70% off from the store there.

--

Is there something you're not telling us, Russ?

P.C.

Hi Lil Me !

You beat me to it....I was poised to ask that very thing.    
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Russ

P.C. wrote:
Hi Lil Me !

You beat me to it....I was poised to ask that very thing.    

LOL! Hi LM and PC..
Um, unless Starfishie is keeping something from me (wouldnt be the first time), no. :(  Not yet.
They are for friends of ours that had a boy last week. We couldnt think what to get them and thought of them when we saw the baby clothes.

LM@work

Great minds think alike :)

Ok Russ... we'll believe you...for now....

P.C.

Oh alright.  I'll believe you too.

If I have to.  

I was hoping for a jucier story.    

Sportsdude

I am not buying baby clothes. ;)

I bought booze and gas.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

Bought a fleece sweater ($42) and a hat ($10) at MEC this weekend.

Got Heckyl and Jeckyl some snow pants on sale at Sport Check ($47 ea).

Groceries, gas.

Hey- went a bit overboard on drinks.

Was apparently thirsty while at Safeway- came home with 2 huge boxes of tea and 3 cases of pop.

The tea was a major steal- $7.68 for the large box.  On sale 2 for $8.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lil Me

Let me clarify- 7.68 was the regular price.  On sale, 2 boxes for $8!!
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Wow....good deal !!!

I haven't bought anything yet, but Sweet Sawdust chose his annual gift card from work for Homesense....  and gave it to me.      He usually gets Home Depot.

purelife

You went to the Black Friday shopping, Russ?  You are so brave!  I would never go because I hate crowds and long lineups no matter how cheap anything is.  It drives me nuts!!

I purchased these fleece pants on clearance for $8 and two plain tees for $10 from Costco.  LOVE my pants.... so soft and comfy and warm.

Sportsdude

Splurged on Wendy's Classic number 1 and a frosty  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

LM@work

A Hello Kitty bra for $12.

Russ

LM@work wrote:
 A Hello Kitty bra for $12.

PICS!!

Hey PL, yeah went to black friday.

No it wasnt too bad. Border crossing was about an hour. Stayed the night at arlington.. the lineups werent too bad, like 5 minutes at most places.

Lil Me

Shoes.  On sale at Sears for $40.  And they actually look cool!

|