What did you last buy?

Started by Gopher, Apr 17 09 11:01

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Russ

Psst..

Someone in the posts above asked for pics

When out warming the truck before driving SS to work, my digital doohickey read neg 6.

Well, gotta do some demo work in the Suite Bathroom before renting it out again.. got less than two weeks to do it too before I head out to play sailor again.

So in the what did I last buy.. some concrete board and other reno stuff.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

purelife

Did your reno purchase include caulk?

Sorry, but my friend mentioned caulk as part of her job, so now my mind is in teh gutter!!!  

Orik

Cons running shoes size 14 extra wide USA sizing chart. They fit like a dream with my thick pair of woolly socks.. I am so happy having a nice comfy pair of runners and warm fuzzy feet. Best 15 dollars I spent this month. .. alas I shall have no choice but to put them comfy runners away for a pair of winter boots :( heavy clumsy and slightly uncomfortable as well. they are warm but that does not make up for the fact I just do not like them cause they weigh so much. the worst buy of 2007 .. '

Can anyone recomend a pair of light weight and comfortable winter boots ones that will be warm with a insulated liner or at least a minus 20 to 40 rating. I need to find a pair of boots ankle to 1/4 calf high Just how do you go about finding and choosing a pair of winter boots.  I don't know where to go. Maybe Marks work warehouse. A size 12 to 14 EEE depending on British UK or Usa size charts Uk size charts.

what do you guys think ? any recommendations from the women shoe shoppers for us inexperienced shoe shopping men.

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Lil Me

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Orik

Thanks LM that is what I was thinking as well, So on monday I will go with Marks theres a clearance center on hastings near commercial. they will be worth a check at the very least.  the ones I bought at zeller in 2007 for a on sale price of 9.99 these winter boots are still good and I think they will last at least 1 to 3 more winters.

They held up great to the winter of 2007 as for the winter of 2008 well they got almost no use, with my being in the hospital and house bound while recovering from my illness. the boots are just heavy and unsightly... perhaps I am just being overly critical of them they are nice and warm though.

I like a light wieght foot ware comfort is just as important as warmth.  . when you are as big and as clumsy as I am, when I am accidentaly stepping on your toes and with big old tonnage boots on my feet I am afraid I would accidentaly hurt some one.so I think lighter and softer is better.

As for my army and navy shopping sprees, I bought my winter boots and shoes a couple of times over the years and have had pretty much horrible quality products.  3 months after our salt snow & rain of 2005 the boots were trash, totally destroyed, the ones in 2006 lasted only a little better almost 4 months. and for the 45 dollars i spent on them they should of lasted a minimum 2 winters of use. our winters being only 4 months long november december january february

and my A&N  runners lasted me 2 months and the glue fell apart, I really try not to buy shoes at A&N anymore due to the rather poor quality of the products, I would sooner go back to zellers the shoes and boots I have bought there seem to last relativly well. However the Shoe and Boot selection is better at A&N. I know A&N has a some new winter boots on sale starting december 18 and at 15 dollars and up there might be a good bargain or two to be had, even if the quality can be a little on the poor side..

perhaps I am just being to picky and Ishould just keep my thinsulate boots till they are unfit to wear and replace them then. But I can afford to buy lighter boots and new ones ones that mioght be more comfortable and do not take 15 minutes to lace and tie... and these boots can be donated to look out... mmmm

what you all think should I keep them or buy lighter more comfortable ones that might not last as long but will be more enjoyable for me to wear not to mention be faster to put on and take off... and then some one less fortunate gets a nice warm dry pair of boots.by donaion to lookout ?

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Gopher

A bottle of full-bodied Chilean red wine.  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Lil Me

I bought Indian take-out on Sat night.

Was home alone, so I got just a small portion of spinach paneer and some naan for $9.    
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lazy Orik

a virus program for a mates computer as my chirstmas gift to him.

lol this is what i found on his hard drive

[font style="color: black; font-family: verdana; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 10pt; lineh-eight: normal; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal;"]   [/font][h1][font style="color: black; font-family: verdana; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 10pt; lineh-eight: normal; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal;"][font face="Arial"]Scanning Report[/font][/font][/h1] [h2][font style="color: black; font-family: verdana; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 10pt; lineh-eight: normal; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal;"][font face="Arial"]14 December 2009 20:45:44 - 21:23:00[/font][/font][/h2]  [font style="color: black; font-family: verdana; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 10pt; lineh-eight: normal; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal;"] Computer name:UGLYFROG-1
 Scanning type: Scan target
 Target: E:\   [/font][/p][hr noshade="noshade"] [h2][font style="color: black; font-family: verdana; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 10pt; lineh-eight: normal; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal;"][font color="#000000" face="Arial"]Result: 1170 malware found[/font][/font][/h2]and I am not done yet I still have to plug his other 2 hard drives in for scanning and cleaning.
sheesh... now this is why folks need a antivurus and a malware spyware scanner and blocker. Even AVG is better than none at all

[font style="color: black; font-family: verdana; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 10pt; lineh-eight: normal; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal;"] [a href="http://www.europe.f-secure.com/cgi-bin/AT-Wdescssearch.cgi?search=Generic"][/a][/font]

Sleepy Orik

3896 junk files the first scan & 226 more the second scan.  and now is time for me to go to bed. tomorrow I get yo build My Christmas present and fix the other hard drive.  g'night everyone

Sighs just as I thought tons of junk files and I still have one more drive to go after this ones finished the things I do for people. Well better me than a Computer shop. they charge 60 dollars an hour to do this. Me I charge the cost of dinner and it's even your choice of restaurants.

I think I am going to add some free programs for this Guy and for all of you also.
If you are not using a firewall or a trusted anti-virus or a Program to removes your junk files.
you might want to consider some of these nice programs

Products like WinUtilities Or CCleaner. Or Clamwin. Trust me these Programs help keep your PC free of garbage files, most registry errors & a number of Virus & Trojans. I recommend these Programs to anyone trying to keep there PC running like new & free of junk files.

Links to some very useful programs

[a href="http://dottech.org/freebies/4945"]WinUtilities 6.2 [/a]
http://dottech.org/freebies/4945

[a style="color: rgb(0, 0, 255);" href="http://www.ccleaner.com/"]CCleaner [/a]
http://www.ccleaner.com/

[a style="color: rgb(0, 0, 255);" href="http://www.clamwin.com/"]Clamwin[/a]
http://www.clamwin.com/

[a style="color: rgb(0, 0, 255);" href="http://personalfirewall.comodo.com/download_firewall.html"]Comodo[/a][span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"] [/span]( A Free Firewall similar to Zonealarm but better IMO
http://personalfirewall.comodo.com/download_firewall.html

and the reasons I am posting those links is cause of this

Orik

dental services roughly 1000 dollars worth since My first dentist appointment nearly 2 months ago.

Russ

Last thing I bought other than gift cards for xmas presents for everyone.. as well as bottle of booze. Was a Macbook Pro.
Got mad and tired of the PC that I had with all the problems, crashes, and program conflicts. This new Mac has me super happy! Well, so far. Battery life is amazingly enough almost a full 8 hours.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

P.C.

Sounds good Russ.  People who have them, swear by them.

We bought another 42" plasma TV (Samsung). (for about $2500 less than the one we bought a few years back that crapped out after 2 years.....which we have since found out that there is a class action law suit against them for this particular tv, because the problem with ours is exactly the same as the problem shared by countless others.  And all LG has to say about it, is "I'm sorry for your 'inconvenience'".  Inconvenience ?  Inconvenience ??? Inconvenience I can deal with. A whack of money down the drain is another story. )

DON'T BUY LG !

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Gopher

Gopher

Lil Me

Hot water tank and clothes dryer.

Caused a leak down 2 storeys by emptying the old tank (ulp).  The drain hose flipped out of the bathtub.  Then a lot of cursing and re-welding to install the new one.  Another trip to Home Depot next morning for more fittings, but it's done now.

Clothes dryer is great.  Wonderful to have one that works!

Insurance claim and restoration work ongoing after leak.

Car battery.

And I was determined to change it myself while MrLM stood there with his hands in his pockets.    

|