VCR-DVD combo

Started by Michel, Feb 24 09 01:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Michel

P.C.

This is something I've been looking for some clear answers on as well.  But for every bit of information I get....something else contradicts it.  So I still don't know.

There's some info in this old VCR-DVD thread....but I don't understand any of it.

[A href="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/index.php/topic,6564.0.html"]http://discoverseattle.net/forums/index.php/topic,6564.0.html[/A]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Michel

P.C.

Have you been rethinking if I'm a commie ?  

Michel

Lise

I have the combo but it won't let me copy the VHS to the DVD. Some kinda copyright code or something like that.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Michel

P.C.

The mystery part for me, is....isn't there a difference between recording on a DVD and burning a DVD?  I'm sure there are more technical terms for the process....but I think that when it is only recorded onto the DVD....it is limited in how it can be played back.  I wish I knew.    

Michel

P.C.

Isn't that what you called me a commie for ?  

Michel

P.C.

I did ?  Well....what exactly are you looking to record ?

Lise

I have tried with a recorded VHS (my wedding tape) and ripped-off VHS but nope, it would not copy to the DVD. I'm sure if you fiddle with the settings (not legal??) you may be able to do it.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Michel

purelife

Michel - If it's not to your satisfaction, you could always return it within 14 days at London Drugs.  I'm pretty sure they accept open-boxed items and will give you a full refund.