Sick of Olympic Countdown ?

Started by P.C., Feb 10 09 07:52

Previous topic - Next topic

P.C.

I'm SO tired of hearing the daily minutia surrounding every single solitary detail over the blasted Olympics.  I'm sad that I've gotten to this point....but I'm just over saturated with this stuff.  Hiring an extra nurse instead of closing the health center over night.....heli-pad test....?  This is news worthy ?Enough already !
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Michel

P.C.

It happened all of a sudden.  I don't know if I can bear a WHOLE YEAR of this.....it's just too much.

Michel

purelife

Did you know that there's an Olympic countdown clock in front of the Vancouver Art Gallery?

P.C.

That doesn't bother me as much as hearing it day in and day out.  It's like it's the only thing that's happening.

Michel

Michel

P.C.

That seems to be the only thing we're NOT hearing.

Michel

P.C.

Well, that's the thing.  I feel bad that I AM being a party pooper.  A month ago, I was disappointed when I heard others complaining about it.  It all just exceeded my limit I guess.

Michel

Sportsdude

Well we're not hearing about it because there's this voting thing taking place on May 12.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

You don't watch the news ?

Sportsdude

Lately the news has been coming to me these days. CTV called yesterday about the ubc couple that was killed in the hit and run in Granville Island, we had the RCMP arrest people in a fight between Palestinian and Israeli supporters, and of course the Bacon Brothers or the UN gang or its one of those two anway, decided to put a hit on a guy at a grocery store I go to. lol So no need to watch it when its in the backyard.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."