Previous topic - Next topic
|

Gopher

Call centres.  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

purelife

Gopher wrote:
Call centres.

Do you mean those annoying telemarketers?

Gopher

Those which you ring and then learn that you have four options, and then after selecting one of them you are given another four, after you have again made a selection a voice says: "Please hang up". This happened to me three times a couple of days ago.  

Gopher

Sportsdude

Willis Tower

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Michel

Gopher

The economy  

Orik

the pencil pusher who declined my disability application despite numerous proof from my doctor.
i meet the the standard but they denied it cause i can work. but that day of return to work is still months away. grrrr

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Orik

Trojans, spyware, malware, viruses, hackers, nukes and phreakers   bah.. :(  not sure what cooked my system any one of the above or just plain stupidity through the over clocking of a board not really designed for it :D

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Lil Me

The fricken fracken collection agency used by the City of Richmond.  Unpaid parking ticket from Dec, orig $25 now $60.  Woman from call center in India phoned me tonight.  Told me a pack of LIES- the City can take my car (false), screw up my credit rating (false), and that I won't be able to renew my licence or insurance unless the parking ticket is paid (false).
 *makes note to instruct Jeckyl to read the call display before picking up the phone*

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

haha.

I loved those private parking lots on the Island owned by the same company. They said they'd come after me if I didn't pay, yet my plates weren't BC so I doubt I would have been in their database, paid anyway.  Seemed scammish to me. Besides how would they know where I lived? It didn't add up.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Orik

chronic insomnia... forgetting mums birthday [a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tU8WwZpI-i8"]DOH!.[/a]

Lil Me

Lil Me wrote:
The fricken fracken collection agency used by the City of Richmond.  Unpaid parking ticket from Dec, orig $25 now $60.  Woman from call center in India phoned me tonight.  Told me a pack of LIES- the City can take my car (false), screw up my credit rating (false), and that I won't be able to renew my licence or insurance unless the parking ticket is paid (false).
*makes note to instruct Jeckyl to read the call display before picking up the phone*
--

Further to, I'm considering making a consumer proposal to the collection agency.  I want to make a first and last offer to pay a set amount ($45?) to settle this bill.  It's my legal right to do so, but Mr LM thinks that they will laugh at me.

Any advice?

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

I say your chances of paying 45 bucks trying it your way....are far better than Mr. LM's chances would be if he did it his way.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Michel

|