No
2 (22.2%)
Sometimes
1 (11.1%)
Never tried one
2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Lise

Yeah, those salted duck eggs. I've a weakness for the yolk... I know, it's so bad for you but I always eat those last.

I saw a mooncake with ham and shark fin in them. Ugh. They cost like $9 each.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Then, I like them too, Lise.  So, you're not the only one. :)))

Sportsdude

salted duck eggs, sounds good.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

Hehe, SD. You should give it a try first. It's.... an acquired taste. Trust me when I say that not all folks are crazy about them.

Oh good, purelife likes them too. I thought I was the only one... I love them in congee with century eggs as well. OMG. Hungry...
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Oh good, purelife likes them too. I thought I was the only one... I[FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffff80"] love them in congee with century eggs as well[/FONT]. OMG. Hungry...

Me TOO!  I don't eat them that often because I don't buy them.  I have to request for my mom to buy them and make congee.  My guy wouldn't touch that stuff.

SD, how could you say it's good when you haven't tasted it yet?  You're getting ahead of yourself there.[/DIV]

Sportsdude

hmm I'm sure I'll run into them sooner or later. I try everything. Girls have said they'd cook stuff for me. lol free food.

beats KD everyday.

EDIT: I said it sounds good, I'd like to try it. I find anything cultural fascinating.

purelife

Sorry, misread.  I thought that you said it tasted good.  My bad.

Sportsdude

Lil Me

P.C.- I love how you're always trying new recipies.  (Personally, I think shortbread tastes better than moon cakes...)  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lise

I like shortbreads. They're soooo yummy. Does anyone have any good shortbread recipes?
Bill Cosby.

49er

Those salted egg yolks in moon cake are not duck eggs (too big), they are chicken eggs.

Lise

Really? I was under the impression they were duck eggs because I've tasted salted duck eggs by themselves before and they taste the same as from the moon cakes.

An exerpt:

A thick filling usually made from lotus paste is surrounded by a relatively thin (2-3 mm) crust and may contain [A title=Yolk href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yolk"]yolks[/A] from [A title="Salted duck egg" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salted_duck_egg"]salted duck eggs[/A].

[A href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mooncake"]Wikipedia[/A]
Bill Cosby.

49er

Correct, it is duck yolk.......I called my mom to confirm

Lil Me

BUMP

One year later, and I still hate mooncakes.
 Always had a fruitcake-like experience with them growing up...someone would would give us a metal tin full of mooncakes, and they would sit in the fridge for YEARS...unopened.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Van

Never had mooncakes...never heard of mooncakes...till now.
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!