Canadian Federal Election soon...

Started by Sportsdude, Aug 26 08 11:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

Harper's going to break his own law he passed on fix date elections, apparently.

[a href="http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20080826.wfallelection0826/BNStory/National/home"]http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20080826.wfallelection0826/BNStory/National/home[/a]

Prime Minister Stephen Harper portrayed a snap election as a virtual certainty Tuesday morning and hinted it will likely be triggered next week, before three Sept. 8 by-elections.  At an Ottawa press conference Tuesday, Mr. Harper insisted he would not be breaking his word by disregarding his own fixed-election-date law that sets voting day in October, 2009, insisting that opposition parties want to bring down the government before then, so it is up to him to remove doubts about who will govern.[/p]

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Gopher

The outcome is a certainty - the most convincing liar will win.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Lil Me

No matter who you vote for, the damn politicians always get in.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

lol I love Canadians, you guys are hilarious.

Personally I prefer a parliamentary system over what we've got. Harper is going to talk about an elected Senate reform during this election. Just look down here for what that does, just creates gridlock. Plus it means more politicians! lol (just get rid of it, best option, turn the Senate room into a museum or something). lol

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Russ

Gopher wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]The outcome is a certainty - the most convincing liar will win.

[/div]While this is so true, I still snorted my coffee.

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Van

didn't we just have an election with the same losers running for power?

Oh well, good excuse to turn off the TV.
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

JJ

The first party that says they will abolish the senate has my vote.  What a waste of money!

Russ

JJ wrote:
 The first party that says they will abolish the senate has my vote.  What a waste of money![/DIV]
 LOL! You have my vote with a <bless>!

EDIT: Blast I already blessed you for something within the past hour.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Van

I say just put all the leaders in a cage and last man standing, wins! Medieval style.

They probably wouldn't even fight, just hide in each corner sucking their thunbs. Pathetic and at a stalemate! Kind of like our current parliament.
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!