The Etiquette and Decorous Comportment Thread

Started by Gopher, Jul 11 08 11:23

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lise

I've always wondered about your butter knife, forks and spoons. Like how many should you have beside your plate?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Gopher

It depends on  the number of courses and the nature of the food you are offering.

P.S. I note that you didn't mention finger bowls.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Gopher

What is the correct (verbal) reponse to make on one of those ever-decreasing occasions when somebody says "thank you" to you?  

Lise

Finger bowls? Don't they have them when they serve you lobster or crab or anything that requires you to use your fingers eloquently?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

ShyT

Lil Me

Gopher wrote:
What is the correct (verbal) reponse to make on one of those ever-decreasing occasions when somebody says "thank you" to you?
 --
 You're welcome
 No problem
 De rien
 Da nadda

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

No worries and Pleasure was mine and Anytime are some of the responses I say after "Thank you."

Gopher

Then there's what do you say before a meal. The French have Bon appetit, the Germans have Guten Appetit - but what should English speakers say?

Russ

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

P.C.

Dig in, theres lots

lol.....I like that one Russ.  

How about..."to the chef...."[/DIV]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

P.C.

Not a fan of the Mushy Peas, Michel ?
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

|