Bubble Tea

Started by P.C., Jun 27 08 09:40

Previous topic - Next topic

P.C.

I've decided I'm going to track down somewhere I can have a bubble tea this weekend.  I find I'm way too curious about it.  Any suggestions for a noob ?  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

I like the more desert-ish type with coconut meat.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Michel

P.C.

Is this one of those intellectual drinks ?

Michel

P.C.

lol....you are pretty learned Michel.  You must eat a lot of that smart stuff.

Sportsdude

Not in the Pacific Northwest, probably in the midwest.    

P.C.

Not in the Pacific Northwest, probably in the midwest.  

Finish thought please ?

Michel

Michel

P.C.

I think so.  I've met some really stupid snobs before, and some really simple living intellectuals.

Sportsdude

Okay, I'll say around here "I went for a shake at steak 'n shake" and people go okay cool. If I said "I went for Bubble Tea" they'll think you are weird or are trying to prove something. Usually people who get tired of me going to "unAmerican" places (I can name one person in particular, who screams at me for writing in 'European' when I say neighbourhood for example) will say "Be American SD!! You are not European you traitor, everything this country has given to you and you rather piss in its face".

It's a cultural thing. What is normal in the Pacific Northwest, isn't normal here. Hence I came up with the 'intellectual' line. I'm implying West Coast culture doesn't fly too well here AT ALL in meat and potatoes country, which it doesn't. That's the joke. I guess you haven't heard the stories of 'Middle America' and the (I can't move to California because its full of liberals) like they're evil people or something. This also explains my joke to friends in BC about California where I say unless you're a republican running for President (Nixon, Reagan), California just pays the rent for the rest of the country and is seen as some place that doesn't represent the US. (Implying the perceived they're all pinko communist liberals which is what everyone is taught around here). Elected officials, after elected officials run on 'Anti-West Coast' platforms. It's ingrained into the culture here.

There's the whole reason behind the 'intellectual' joke.

Michel

P.C.

Okay, I'll say around here "I went for a shake at steak 'n shake" and people go okay cool. If I said "I went for Bubble Tea" they'll think you are weird or are trying to prove something. Usually people who get tired of me going to "unAmerican" places (I can name one person in particular, who screams at me for writing in 'European' when I say neighbourhood for example) will say "Be American SD!! You are not European you traitor, everything this country has given to you and you rather piss in its face".  

[/DIV]
It never ceases to amaze me how this goes right over your head SD.  You AREN'T European.  [FONT size=5]YOU ARE AMERICAN.[/FONT]

It's a cultural thing. What is normal in the Pacific Northwest, isn't normal here. Hence I came up with the 'intellectual' line. I'm implying West Coast culture doesn't fly too well here AT ALL in meat and potatoes country, which it doesn't. That's the joke. I guess you haven't heard the stories of 'Middle America' and the (I can't move to California because its full of liberals) like they're evil people or something. This also explains my joke to friends in BC about California where I say unless you're a republican running for President (Nixon, Reagan), California just pays the rent for the rest of the country and is seen as some place that doesn't represent the US. (Implying the perceived they're all pinko communist liberals which is what everyone is taught around here). Elected officials, after elected officials run on 'Anti-West Coast' platforms. It's ingrained into the culture here.

There's the whole reason behind the 'intellectual' joke.

How is this a complicated concept. [FONT size=4] Why would[/FONT] 'what is normal in the Pacific Northwest' BE normal in Missouri ??????  It would be like me laying on my desk at noon for a siesta because I admire the Mexican culture.  I'M NOT IN MEXICO !!!!!  I'm SURE everyone would think I was weird.......and they would be right!

Sportsdude

I don't care what my passport says.

'Middle America' doesn't see the West Coast as part of America that's the whole point.