Beaches and Pools Open This Weekend

Started by Lil Me, May 13 08 12:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Lil Me

VANCOUVER (NEWS1130) - After enduring one of the coolest springs in recent memory, the upcoming long weekend is promising some warmer weather...dare we say 'beach weather'? If so, the Vancouver will be ready, as the city will be officially opening 10 beaches, along with outdoor pools, starting Saturday.[/p]  Lifeguards will be working at beaches stretching from Spanish Banks all the way around English Bay to Third Beach in Stanley Park. The freshwater beach at Trout Lake in John Hendry Park will also have lifeguards on duty.[/p]  Outdoor pools at Kitsilano, Second Beach and New Brighton Park open for the summer on Saturday at noon.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

You didn't know? I brought the cold and miserable weather and once I leave it follows me and you guys will all be warm. ha ehhh

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

Michel wrote:
Polar bear swimm, second 2008 edition ? lol  
 --

I hope you are right!

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

Da bear looks a bit on the lean side.

Middle of 40+ weather in STL polar bear looking for some ice cream:

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

Excellent. Weather report says this weekend will be sunny, about 23 degrees or something like that.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Van

Nice! Check out the west kootenays forecast for the weekend.

[A href="http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/city/pages/bc-37_metric_e.html"]http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/city/pages/bc-37_metric_e.html[/A]  
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Lil Me

Awesome!  You're gonna have a grrrrrreat weekend, Van.  

Van

Looks like no more spring anymore. Straight from winter to SUMMER! woohoo?

I could see some creeks and rivers filling up fast. There is a ton of snow in the mountains this year.
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Michel

Lil Me

lol.  Will you be flying Scare Canada- new fuel surcharge on your ticket?  

Michel

JJ

Today almost feels warm enough to go swimming