Spring Cleanse - Dav 5 of 20

Started by stretchedout, May 03 08 11:51

Previous topic - Next topic

P.C.

lol....I trust your experience Miss Me.  You look like a mighty fine specimen of good health to me.  And as chicken as I am....there are certainly far more harmful things that I indulge in....so maybe I'll give it a try.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

see edit on my previous post.

Hey, no pressure!  

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

[FONT size=5]LOL ![/FONT]

[FONT size=5][/FONT]

I trust skeptical cat too....hmmm

Michel

van_guy

Lil Me wrote:
see edit on my previous post.

Hey, no pressure!  

I always think of Dave - he was a HEALTH NUT - been a vegetarian (no milk no eggs) for 15 years - grew wheat grass for a living ... he did a hardcore cleanse including some kind of a beverage that expanded 10 times to form a big glob of gelatenous "sandpaper" for the guts.  He told me in GORY detail of the contents of his toilet bowl (I'm talking he disected the contents)  even after being a hardcore veggie - some rather startling things came out of his bowel.  I can only imagine what would come out of a beer swilling, hard living, t-bone steak eating, omnivore like myself.  If you believe the literature the average northamerican male has about 3,000 pounds of undigested red meat hanging out.  Actually I made up the 3,000 pounds bit - but when I read it - I was shocked - horrified and disgusted.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness (Mark Twain)

stretchedout

Okay, so who doesn't know that Wikipedia is written by anyone?

The point of a cleanse isn't to loose weight, it is to rid the digestive system of all the caked on goodies that we have been indulging in for the last few months or years.

People who expect to loose weight by dieting should first do a cleanse.  It just makes a lot of sense to get your system cleaned out and efficient first.

Would you paint your car without riding the body of rust and without sanding and then priming first?  Bad analogy but you get the point.

I take six large herbal supplements prior to each meal for 20 days.  At day six my gut already feels way better.  I usually get a headache only on the first or second day.  During the cleanse I avoid alcohol, coffee, sugar, fried foods and mostly dairy and wheat.  But the first four for sure.  If one can't go without bread best to eat a bread made without yeast, and to eat sparingly.  Milk is a definite no, no.  But a little bit of cheese or yogart probably isn't too detrimental.
C'mon, the city is sleeping!

stretchedout

To add... it takes 21 days to develop a habit.  Imagine after 20 days or so how much discipline one would have developed for avoiding consuming crap.  I once said to a friend, referring to the $2 Big Mac, "how can you go wrong with that?"  He replied, "oh, you can go wrong with that!"  True, true.
C'mon, the city is sleeping!

purelife

Good for you stretchedout!

I also started on a cleanse too... Day 1.  It's a colon, liver/kidney cleanse.  The pills look gawdawful and smell terrible too.  Thank gawd I don't have to chew those suckers.

LM - May I ask how often you had to run to the bathroom for those bowel movements?  (I gotta know...cuz I work at an office)

P.C.

Okay, so who doesn't know that Wikipedia is written by anyone?

Well what about the Mayo Clinic?  Would their opinion lend more credibility ?   Proponents believe colon cleansing provides health benefits — by removing toxins from their bodies, and boosting their energy and their immune systems. But doctors take a different view.

Although doctors may recommend colon cleansing in preparation for a medical examination of the colon, most don't recommend colon cleansing for better health or to prevent disease. This is because:

[UL] [LI class=doublespace][FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" color=#ff0000]It's unnecessary.[/FONT] Your colon doesn't require enemas or special diets or pills to eliminate waste material and bacteria. It does this naturally on its own. [LI class=doublespace][FONT color=#ff0000]It may be harmful.[/FONT] Your colon absorbs water and sodium to maintain your body's fluid and electrolyte balance. Some colon-cleansing programs disrupt this balance, causing dehydration and salt depletion. Long-term or excessive cleansing programs can lead to problems such as anemia, malnutrition and heart failure. [/LI][/UL] [P class=doublespace][A href="http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/colon-cleansing/AN00065"]http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/colon-cleansing/AN00065[/A]

P.C.

Another interesting review.  I'm kinda glad I looked into this....I was almost ready to give it a try.

[A href="http://www.livescience.com/health/060808_bad_colon.html"]http://www.livescience.com/health/060808_bad_colon.html[/A]

Michel

Lil Me

purelife wrote:
LM - May I ask how often you had to run to the bathroom for those bowel movements?  (I gotta know...cuz I work at an office)
--
 Once an hour, maybe?
 But it's quick...really quick.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

Oh gosh.. I hope that's not the same with me cuz I would have to stop in the middle of this program.

Do you think that would be ok to stop?

Michel

Lil Me

It's not really a big deal once you get used to it.
 It's quick- meaning it takes no longer than your average pee.

|