Seattle SuperSonics are no more, they've moved to Oklahoma

Started by Sportsdude, Apr 18 08 08:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

They've picked up and left to Okie City land of the Sooners

say nba how has that team in memphis been doing?... oh that's right, zilch. lol

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Van

What's a SuperSonic? Is that a type of power energy drink?
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Sportsdude

they were a basketball team, named after boeing and seattle's aircraft. Now they're moving to a okie dokie usa where the deer and the antelope play and its flat, hot and boring.

oklahoma city also wants an nhl team

stretchedout

C'mon, the city is sleeping!

Van

When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

stretchedout

NHL headquarters should be in Toronto, Winterpeg or Regina... not in NYC.  Lord Stanley isn't impressed.
C'mon, the city is sleeping!

Sportsdude

blame bettman. there should be teams in quebec, winnipeg, hamilton and saskatoon. Will this ever happen, no.  

Van

I wish I could go back in time and see hockey when hockey was realistic. Watch the Habs vs. Bruins in the 40s and 50s!! lol.

Sportsdude

speaking of classic rivals, it'd be great to see an all orginal 6 cup final.

Van

Why are the supersonics leaving Seattle? It is a huge market with lots o' jobs.

Sportsdude

first the last owner mr. starbucks demanded a new arena, an arena that was remodeled only a couple years ago. He and his billions weren't going to pay for this new arena that didn't need to be built. The city and the government are tired of building stadiums instead of investing it into a public transportation system and replacing the viaduct.

Therefore the state said 'no mas' and mr. starbucks threw his double chocolate mocha latte at the mayor and said "I'm selling the team, waaaah".  He then sold it to a bunch of cowboys from Oklahoma City (which had been the official home of the New Orleans Hornets because of Hurricane Katrina) who were intent on moving the franchise to Oklahoma City if they couldn't get a new arena. Well of course city hall was like "please pfft" and stuck a spur in the cowboys ass and they now have picked up shop and left.

Then Mr. Starbucks seeing how he will now become the villian of the story, because its his whiney self that caused all of this, tries to buy back the team. This fails, mr. starbucks is tarred and David Stern the commish sides with the cowboys. Thus no "I love this game" in Seattle.

Van

wow. I bet the people of Seattle could care less after all that too!

They got a cool city, losing an NBA team won't change that.

Sportsdude

honestly, I don't think anyone cares although I know a bunch of university guys in the Seattle area that might shed a tear or two.
Portland has the same issues. The team there has been threatening to leave for years. If that happened, well the NBA is a farce as far as I'm concerned. You started the decade with 3 teams in the pacific northwest and you're down to 1 or zero. sad.

Van

I know if the seahawks left, it would probably be anarchy. Even in Vancouver, I know a lot of people that have Seahawk season tix.

Not for me. to each their own.

Portland, another cool town that would still be cool without NBA. Same with Vancouver and the Canucks. The sun would still rise on Vancouver...behind the clouds...

Sportsdude

nfl isn't going to leave seattle nor is baseball. they blew up the kingdome and had to replace it with two stadiums mostly through public money. That's basically why they're in oklahoma now.