Darvaz.. The door to Hell

Started by Russ, Apr 01 08 06:31

Previous topic - Next topic

van_guy

P.C. wrote:
So did you get to milk their cows ?

you bet!! I crossed that fantasy off my bucket list when i was 5 years old

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness (Mark Twain)

P.C.

I prefer to not refer to it as 'a fantasy'.  Just one of those things I'd like to try.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

You should get a cow, P.C.
 Fresh milk everyday.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Yes...a cow.  Why didn't I think of that.

Fresh milk and some fresh meadow muffins for the garden.  I won't name it, because I'm sure Sawdust will see bar-b-cue written all over it.

Lil Me

It will be lovely.  Just watch where you step.

[span class="smalltext"]shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview[/span]
       [table bgcolor="#ffffdd" border="1"]     [tbody][tr][td colspan="2" align="center"][small]Anti-Spam Bot-Stopper
    Please type the text below into this field[/small][/td][/tr]    [tr][td align="center"]     [table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"][tbody][tr][td]
 [/td][td rowspan="2" class="at_r1"]ri[/td][td]
 [/td][/tr][tr][td]deb[/td][td]s[/td][/tr][/tbody][/table][/td][td][input name="sauce_check" value="8872fe3d70e4e507bb389d3dd72dce8b" type="hidden"][input name="sauce" size="10" type="text"][/td][/tr][/tbody] [/table]

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Michel

P.C.

Oh !  Does that matter ?  

van_guy

P.C. wrote:

Fresh milk and some fresh meadow muffins for the garden.  I won't name it, because I'm sure Sawdust will see bar-b-cue written all over it.

LM hate to mow lawns - when we moved to Calgary (and could afford alawn) she wanted to get a goat - so she wouldn't have to.  I convinced her it was a bad idea.

I'm not entirely sure she is kidding about the whole cow thing ....

van_guy

P.C. wrote:

I once shot a nice fresh - steamy meadow muffin with a .22 cal rifle... not something I'm proud of ... but  ... when your 16 and armed - what the hell.
So the interesting part of this is that the bullet evacuated (all over my pants probably) a perfect cylindar right into the center ... it was remarkable how perfect the shape was.... thought I'd share ... probably not too many of you had ever shot a cow pie before.

P.C.

lol.....I wonder what would possess someone to shoot a meadow muffin. This reminds me of that old song......Cows with Guns.

[A href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQMbXvn2RNI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQMbXvn2RNI[/A]

purelife

Ok, it's time to contribute to this thread.  

How can a door to hell look so inviting?  It looks really kewl!

van_guy

purelife wrote:
Ok, it's time to contribute to this thread.  

How can a door to hell look so inviting?  It looks really kewl!

Don't look into the light - walk away from the liiiiiiight!

van_guy

P.C. wrote:
lol.....I wonder what would possess someone to shoot a meadow muffin. This reminds me of that old song......Cows with Guns.

[a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQMbXvn2RNI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQMbXvn2RNI[/a]

I\ll have to check it out when i get to hanoi in the am.  
I grew up in alberta - i think that explains a few things - I'm mostly recovered now - but sometimes i have nightmares ...

Michel

P.C.

Van Guy wrote: I\ll have to check it out when i get to hanoi in the am.

You MUST.....it's quite funny !  (mind you, I'm easily amused)

|