Inappropriate Comments

Started by Lise, Apr 08 08 06:01

Previous topic - Next topic

purelife

Speaking of inappropriate comments, guys talk amongst themselves very inappropriately as well when they're at work (when no other females are around).  (generally speaking)  They talk about girls and what they would "do" to them and such and compare they're spouses/partners/wives, etc.  

The reason why I say this is because MrPL has worked in several all male work environments where at least one guy is the perv and he tells me some of the things he has heard.  

Michel

Van

Lil Me wrote:
Fortunately, you work alone!!!

I am new to woking alone. I always used to work for companies with many co-workers and a lot of office politics.

There is always 1 or 2 in every group that go from having simple fun, to becoming inappropriate.
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Sportsdude

purelife wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]Speaking of inappropriate comments, guys talk amongst themselves very inappropriately as well when they're at work (when no other females are around).  (generally speaking)  They talk about girls and what they would "do" to them and such and compare they're spouses/partners/wives, etc.  [/div] [div style="font-style: italic;"] [/div] The reason why I say this is because MrPL has worked in several all male work environments where at least one guy is the perv and he tells me some of the things he has heard.

typical male environment but its a culture. For example if you don't 'tag along' and play the game. You'll get ostracized by the group for being 'sensitive' and the gay jokes start, not because you're gay, but that you don't think they way the group talks about women is appropriate. Its all a test of masculinity and manhood. Then if you become a target its no use to defend yourself, you are just confirming to them that you aren't 'masculine enough' the label is already in place and the 'guys' will pounce on you for it, for as long as you are working at the place or around these people.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

Eeeow, that's just gross but I think you're right about men talking about these things. I'm sure not all of them would do that, right? The male co-workers I have are so nice and I can't see them talking about these things.

I'm just not gonna let Mr. Smith bother me too much. I have other things to think about without him going around with his **** hanging out for all to see. If I keep myself busy, I'll block him out but if he steps out way outta line, I'm telling him to back for sure. I just wish my other co-workers would do them same instead of encouraging him.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

|