|

Gopher

Neither, I'm afraid.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Michel

P.C.

"Then you might try those, they are way apart from the actual cultural void."

Yea...cultural void....that's the one.

I found that there came a time that so many movies ceased to be entertaining for me, that I seemed to lose interest in all.  It didn't seem to be worth investing the time to watch them.....and certainly not to pay to watch them.  

It was a combination of the popularity of a whack of movies that were of a genre that doesn't appeal to me...... poorly thought out plots with lots of action and blood (which definitely doesn't work for me)....lots of scenes of such disturbing thought (the ones that spend too much depicting demented and sick lengthy torture),  but no story.   And lastly, I either can't sit still long enough, or they put me to sleep.    
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Gopher

Not to mention the fact that almost all cinemas have the sound turned up way too loud.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Michel

Sportsdude

I find the Canadian cinema's low on the volume thankfully. I forgot how loud the movie theatres are back in St-Louis. I went to see a movie over winter break and I couldn't take it.

Only 'hollywood' aka american films I see involve comic books, pixar or judd apathow comedies or independent American productions such as Into the Wild type movies.
My favourite movies aren't from California, so that automatically makes a traitor in one friends eyes. lol geez

I was shocked at the amount of British produced films that come to Nanaimo. My friends just said well it is Canada, but that doesn't fly much anymore because the cinema's here are owned by American companies or just have contracts with American film people.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

I find the Canadian cinema's low on the volume thankfully.

That's interesting that St Louis has louder cinemas than Famous Players.  

Speaking of cinemas, has anyone been to the Colossus in Langley?  

Sportsdude

Yeah the Galaxy in my house has HD digital projection (no more reels) and has lucas arts produced Dolby Digital Surround, which hurts my ears for the most part.  

purelife

SD - I asked Mr PL about the after-credit ending to that IronMan movie and he sadly missed that part.  He does know what it was all about (because he started talking to me and there I was, standing and nodding like I knew what he was talking about LOL).  He said that it was comic related.  

Sportsdude

HE MISSED IT! OMG, I looked it up and just tell him it has to do with the Avengers, and Nick Fury is Samuel L. Jackson.

Van

Sportsdude wrote:
I find the Canadian cinema's low on the volume thankfully. I forgot how loud the movie theatres are back in St-Louis. I went to see a movie over winter break and I couldn't take it.

You must be deaf. The theatres I go to are bloody loud. And I am deaf in my old age! My ear drums are almost gone from many concerts.

When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Sportsdude

Yeah I'm probably, I find the main theatre at Woodgrove in Nanaimo super quiet, like someone forgot to turn up the volume.  

Van

I haven't gone to the theatres a lot. Last one was Horton Hears a Who. I am out of touch.
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Sportsdude

It's okay Van.
Summer flicks:
Indy 4
The Dark Knight
Iron Man
WALL-E
Hulk
Chronicles of Narnia
Get Smart
Hellboy 2
Son of Rainbow (kids in the 80s tried of 80s pop-culture decide to make a Rambo film in England, hysterical)
Speed Racer
Sex in the City
The Foot Fist Way (going to be the funniest movie of the year)
Kung Fu Panda
[strong style="font-weight: normal;"]You Don't Mess with the Zohan
The Love Guru (Mike Myers as an American born Guru, Justin Timberlake as a Quebec NHL player, looks extremely funny)
Hancock Will Smith (plays a super hero who's a bum and has an image problem that nobody likes because he's lazy)

[/b]

Van

Watched Indy 4 last night. It was ok. Pretty 'out of this world', but not bad.

It is no Raiders of the Lost Ark! But what is?

It was nice to go to the theatre while a NHL final was on. The theatre was not too crowded.

|