CBC Radio 3 hands down best station in the world!!!

Started by Van, Mar 11 08 07:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Van

[A href="http://radio3.cbc.ca/"]http://radio3.cbc.ca/[/A]

Ok, I have never actually heard every radio station in the world, but I love Indie rock and Indie metal, Canadian style. I love American indie and alt rock too, but there is not a lot of outlets in Canada for indie bands to get their music out and CBC Radio 3 supports it all!

CBC Radio 3 plays a ton of the local scene with bands like The Feminists, Hellrazor,  the Gentle Infidels to name just a few...

Turn off the TV, turn on CBC Radio 3!!
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Sportsdude

spread the word! love the channel along with the french equivalent.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Van

I am trying to find the Quebec equivelant. Which station is that?

I love CBC radio3 because I know a lot of the artists in the bands. Not all personally, of course. A lot of local guys and gals that inspire each other. Vancouver's indie music scene has a lot of love for each other and are very supportive. That is my favorite thing about Vancouver, the music. Fortunately I can move anywhere and still enjoy the music through radio.
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Lil Me

Thanks for the tip, Van.  I will check it out.

I'm a longtime CBC Radio 1 geek  *ducks*

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Van

Lil Me wrote:
Thanks for the tip, Van.  I will check it out.

I'm a longtime CBC Radio 1 geek  *ducks*

Me too Lil Me...don't worry, I got your back...*loads water gun with grape juice*.

Sportsdude

I've been listening to CBC 2  and Espace musique lately when I'm in the car.
If you have Sirius you have the channel but the station is called
Bande à part
[a href="http://bandeapart.fm/"]http://bandeapart.fm/[/a]

I always listend to Bande à part more only because I like the Montreal scene the most.  

Van

Thanks sports. I am new to Sirius and loving it.

and..sorry, you are wrong, the Vancouver scene is better. I will fight!

Sportsdude

lol
well the music world is saying Montreal is the hottest place to be right now. Since there bands are taking over the world in music influence these days.

Sportsdude

During the last elections Bande à part kept playing
Les Chiens  and the song was Je Proteste

I couldn't stop laughing since the election was all about the sponsorship scandal.
At one point the sirius reader kept saying song by Je Proteste-Je Proteste. ROTFL

somebody was having a huge laugh somewhere.

Sportsdude

Or the guys from Malajube are hilarious.
When ask why don't you sing in english, they said in an interview basically was 'well everybody else is singing in english'. lol no nationalistic reasons either. I'm waiting for their english album, because I know they're going to do it eventually. Its in vogue to sing in french if you're an anglo band (arcade fire started it, now the stills are doing stuff in french) so I wouldn't be shocked to see if the french bands go half in half.

as good as the Arts and Crafts label is and its influence on the world and for Canada. I still like the montreal bands. french and english. Represents the Canada I like.

You know you've made a cultural impact on society when you go down a street in the middle of the u.s. and hear people singing to french canadian and canadian bands.

If you're a music geek in Canada, this is your nirvana right now, the world loves Canada's music.

Van

Sportsdude wrote:

If you're a music geek in Canada, this is your nirvana right now, the world loves Canada's music.

serious? besides the world loving that Dimeback..or Nickel-something band??

Rush is the only Canadian mullet band worth mentioning. Geddy Lee is one of the all time best bassist.

Just teasing about Montréal too. I know there is a lot of great music from there. I want to go there one day, just need to convince a friend to come with me. I have been in NY and I that was kind of mind blowing. Music everywhere!

purelife

Van

purelife wrote:
What's wrong with the Nickelbacks?[/DIV]
 This forum is not big enough for that amount of text, diagrams, and flow charts.