exotic interesting food you have had

Started by purelife, Mar 07 08 11:22

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

I wonder if you're eating Fu Gua (bitter melon)?
 It tastes like asprin.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

van_guy

purelife wrote:
It makes sense that you're eating dog meat and intestines, Van_Guy, because of where you're at.

My parents who used to live in Vietnam ate all kinds of exotic meat.  It would be difficult to find that here.

Yeah, I'd eaten dog in china before but the vietnamese arepretty famous for their love of dog.
The meat itself is OK - but the intestines - - - not so much

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness (Mark Twain)

van_guy

Lil Me wrote:
I wonder if you're eating Fu Gua (bitter melon)?
 It tastes like asprin.

That's the stuff!!!
yeah it was pretty gross ... our cook took out the center and filled it with ground meat / rice.  I at the meat / rice but left the aspirin vegetable.
Soooo is it good for you  - does it cure headaches???

purelife

I remember in Chinese school, my teacher asked me what my favorite food was.

Guess what I said?

Fu gua with sesame oil, stir fried.  

ADD:  True story.

I don't remember if I answered her in chinese or in English.  

van_guy

purelife wrote:
I remember in Chinese school, my teacher asked me what my favorite food was.[/div]   [div]Guess what I said?
Fu gua with sesame oil, stir fried.  [/div]   [div]ADD:  True story.
I don't remember if I answered her in chinese or in English.

Wow - i think i-d rather eat my socks (in either chinese or english) than eat Fu Gua

purelife

I must've been drugged or my parents hypnotized me when I said that.  I was only 10, I think?

Yes yes..that's the story I'm going to stick with.      

Lil Me

lol at the fu gua story.  I'll eat it if it's there, but I'm not a big fan.

So....anyone want to invest in the Octopus Farm?  Startup costs are a leg and a leg, but since the provincial government doesn't give a sh*t about the environment, they have leggo of all permits.  I'd like to start right away and get a leg up on the competition.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

I can lend a hand Lil Me.  I know that's not much, but it's a start.

Fu Gua translated is wizzened up cucumbers.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

I could sure use a hand.  Especially since you're so handy with so many things.

Hand me that net over there?  Thanks.

Oh, and bring a handkerchief with you.

P.C.

I can supply a whole ARMY of handkerchiefs.  (what were we going to use those for again?)

Starting a business isn't easy....there's a lot of leg work to be done before we even get to the hands-on stage.  

van_guy

Pigs tongue for dinner tonight.
The sauce is great - its sugar (tblsp) with lime juice (2 fresh limes) and chopped up chilli pepper - so its sweet and sour and spicy - pretty tasty - it really brings out the  flavour of the tongue.

P.C.

GAACK !

[img style="WIDTH: 448px; HEIGHT: 319px" height=567 src="http://www.duiops.net/seresvivos/galeria/gatos/Cat%20got%20your%20Tongue%20.jpg" width=756]

purelife

Did you have pig's tail as side dish?

(btw, I've heard that pig's tail tastes wonderful.  MrPL has tried it and really likes it.)

ADD:  I think the Makers of Fear Factor could visit this thread.    

van_guy

Michel wrote:
Just can't wait to go to Vietnam, I have that little 10 lbs extra that I wanna lose...  

Seriously - it was pretty tasty.
i'd probably be putting on a couple pounds here - if it weren't for all the damn leeches draining my blood away.

I think during monsoon season - it will be hard to keep the weight on - horrible heat, horrible humidity and the leeches Im sure will be out in force

|