How to make your hair nice and shiny?

Started by Lise, Mar 04 08 05:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Lise

Mine's a bit dry.... on account on me blow drying my hair each morning. Does anyone have any tips on making your hair fall back into that glossy beautiful hair again? What are your tricks?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Heya Lise.

I had the same problem.

Do you use any leave-on conditioner on your hair after the blow dry?  You need to because it will moisturize the hair.  

As well, I find that switching shampoos and conditioners weekly works.  I have about 3-4 brands that I switch.  I've noticed drastic changes since I have switched last year.  Buy salon products.  The brands I really like and use are:  Nioxin, Paul Mitchel (his line of green tea is nice), Redkin, Abba and Neutrogena.

Neutrogena has a deep-cleanse cleaning shampoo that you would only use once a week to take away the residue and bad stuff from your scalp. I use this quite about 3 times a month along with their conditioner.

There are other tips that I've read but the one that I really love and really works is leaving in malt vinegar.  You put half cup malt vinegar with half water.  Leave this in after you have conditioned your hair.  Do this for a month and your hair will be gorgeous.

You could substitute with beer, mayonaise...  but I haven't tried this before.

Hope this helps you Lise and good luck.

purelife

I know...let's ask PC who lives in [FONT color=#00007f size=7]NAINAMO!   [/FONT]

Lil Me

Melt a Nanaimo bar in the micro and apply it to your hair.  Guaranteed shine.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Mmmmm....NaaaaNImo Barzzzzz.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c032.gif" border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

Lil Me wrote:
Melt a Nanaimo bar in the micro and apply it to your hair.  Guaranteed shine.

And nice hi-lights.  

Lil Me

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

my hair is always nice and shiny, never had these "issues". lol

Days like today I like Nanaimo. lol

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

Wow!! Good advice, purelife! I'll definitely give it a try.

Mine's shampoo and conditioner mixed in together. I know. I know. I really shouldn't do it but I got lazy so maybe I should start shampoo first then condition next.

I am also thinking of highlighting my hair but I hate the feel of dry chemical hair that you get afterwards. I also hate it when the roots start showing. Do you highlight yourself or go to the salon for it?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Van Dude

Eat a lot of lean fish and eggs. Your hair will thank you!

purelife

Van Dude wrote:
Eat a lot of lean fish and eggs. Your hair will thank you![/DIV]
 And my coworker told me that she would eat half an avocado everyday and her hair was noticeably healthier.

Lise - ya gotta get rid of the all-in-one shampoo/conditioners.  When I ditched those products, and started using seperate bottles and used salon products, my hair was noticeably healthier in about a months time.  

I go to someone to get my hair done.  I couldn't manage it myself but there are kits with duo colors that you could try.  I wouldn't worry about the roots.  Depending on the hilight color, the roots compliment it. :)

purelife

I am also thinking of highlighting my hair but I hate the feel of dry chemical hair that you get afterwards

Perhaps the dry chemical feeling depends on the type of product because I don't feel that at all when I first had my hair treated.  Just make sure that you buy shampoo and conditioner especially for treated hair.

Russ

purelife wrote:
 I go to someone to get my hair done.  I couldn't manage it myself but there are kits with duo colors that you could try.  I wouldn't worry about the roots.  Depending on the hilight color, the roots compliment it. :)[/DIV]
 Why do that miss PL? Do a great colour for you! Dye it Black! :):):)

Anyhow, I actually use Herbal Essences.. dont know why or how I got started, but I do. The Starfish was always commenting how nice and soft my hair was.. she uses it now ans her hair seems nicer as well. Dunno, I still think different things work for different people cause everyone has different makeups and metabolisms.    
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

If your father was named "Bob" and you're named "Jim", what's your dad's name?:
Does the aircraft carrier USS Saratoga fly or float?:
Type the word delicious twice:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview