Oscars a ratings flop Sunday

Started by TehBorken, Feb 26 08 04:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

on the island for me anyway (no perticular order)
Hammond Bay Area-Nanaimo
The greatest little town in British Columbia ;)
Victoria- Fairfield (Beacon Hill), James Bay (i like the idea of looking at the legislative building everyday, my friend says I'd love an Ottawa apartment looking at parliament lol)
Saanich - Cadboro Bay
Oak Bay
Gabriola Island

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

Ahhhh the Island.

Mr LM and I met in Victoria.  We've lived in James Bay and Quadra/Fernwood.  I tried to get him to move to Tofino but he said no (too much rain).

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

really? wow. amazing. I'd take a view looking at a parliament or capitol over an ocean view really.

Sportsdude

Lil Me wrote:
Ahhhh the Island.

Mr LM and I met in Victoria.  We've lived in James Bay and Quadra/Fernwood.  I tried to get him to move to Tofino but he said no (too much rain).

totally awesome.
bummer on Tofino. You know that display of Tofino at Royal BC? A guide told me that in all the years he'd work there, only one person never liked staring at it for hours. He told me that the guy said "that's my view outside of my backyard, I remember when they came by and took the picture to set up the display at the museum". I was blown away.

Lil Me

Downtown Victoria has a neat vibe.  You might end up there, SD- with your education in geography and planning.  They had some of the first cycling coalitions, car-share co-ops, barter exchanges... The gov't workers/activists sit in the bar and conjure up new ideas all the time.  It's a pretty tight-knit community, with people mainly working in govt/tourism/university or small business.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

Sweet, sounds like my kind of place. I do like Victoria a lot.

Lil Me

Do they offer your program at UVic- or just UBC?  

Sportsdude

UBC
UVic is geared towards "aqua" planning or whatever the heck that is. They're marine intensive. SFU is "environmental" intensive and UBC just has freaking everything. I really don't see the big deal anymore in undergrad at the big schools. Yeah I'll think about it if I get in (which I won't) but I'm getting to involved over here with student stuff.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

Type the word delicious twice:
Is the equator round or square?:
Was Secret Agent 007's last name "Bronco"?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview