We've rid ourselves of the 1950's, husbands don't care if the wife makes more

Started by Sportsdude, Mar 06 08 08:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Lil Me

I know a guy on long-term disability who stays home with his kids.  He makes quite a bit (tax free) on his WCB cheques because he was in a high-paying trade when he was injured.

I know another couple of guys who had kids later in life and were able to take early retirement and collect their pensions while they stayed home.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

49er wrote:
[em]Sportsdude wrote:
.......... Then she was criticized for going back to work after a couple months I was born. Makes the most money, has the union health care which keeps me covered, and we won't be kicked to the curb.[/em]

Sorry to say SD......your dad didn't appear to be too responsible a person.  Your mom could have used the reimbursed premiums to buy herself something nice.
[/p]
umm what are you saying?
[/p]
[/p]

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Sportsdude

purelife wrote:
Does anyone know of anyone where the father stays home to watch the kids and the wife is bringing home the bacon?

mine for about 3 years back in the early 90's. He's always home during the days, took us everywhere etc since is job is a full time that acts really part time.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Van Dude

So, the morale of this story is lets not compare a Jesusland Bible thumping area of the midwestern USA to the Pacific NW.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

Is the equator round or square?:
Was Secret Agent 007's last name "Bronco"?:
Spammers like to suck monkey dicks, true or false?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview