Beware the Nalgene H2O Bottle

Started by Lil Me, Dec 07 07 11:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Lil Me

Ok great.  All this water I was drinking because it was the healthy choice...

VANCOUVER (NEWS1130) - Whether you drink it murky and straight from the tap or you take it filtered, there are new concerns today about water containers. One of the most popular refillable bottles has now been pulled from one store's shelves.[/p]  Mountain Equipment Co-op will no longer sell the popular Nalgene bottle. That was supposed to be the healthy choice but now we learn it's a product made with bisphenol A, which is a component studies have linked with higher cancer and disease risks.
 [/p] Full Story:
 [a href="http://www.news1130.com/news/local/article.jsp?content=20071207_093514_4212"]http://www.news1130.com/news/local/article.jsp?content=20071207_093514_4212
 [/a][/p]

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Me too.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/musik/e030.gif" border=0]  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

glad my roomie bought a bulk of water, (ironically called "pure life" lol)
or i'd have nothing to drink.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

I think I may possibly be losing my mind.  I read this (and even quoted it) as 'All this WINTER I was drinking because it was the healthy choice.'  I thought the wording was just a tich odd, but as Lil Me is not prone to errors,  I re-read it several times.....and THEN responded as if it said 'All winter'.  A cheeky response that has rendered itself plain silly, now that I have discovered my error.

Sorry Lil Me.[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/liebe/g038.gif" border=0]

Lil Me

No worries, P.C.  I actually thought your smilies were glugging back some bottles of water!

Well, since the Nalgene is so suspect, maybe wine is the safer option.  Comes in a glass bottle, no lead...

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lise

Oooh. That's scary. I think some of my co-workers are drinking from that. I'll have to warn them. Thanks for the heads up, Lil Me.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Russ

We have tons of these and use them alot.. especially camping. I was actually drinking out of one last night.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lil Me

me too.  Funny thing is, I drink out of them all the time because I was feeling guilty about disposable water bottles.  Pls, peeps keep warning me about toxic chemicals leeching out of  the disposable bottles when they get heated or frozen (as mine often do in the back of the car).

What's a body to do?
 Just drink coffee and wine!!!!

Sportsdude

i drink soy.
I'd make my own juice and sauces if I had a blender.
but i'm prone to buying juice out of plastic containers.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

I love my Nalgene bottle...I ain't gonna stop using it.  I found the perfect one for my workouts...small flip cap... looks like this but the bottle is more tall and narrow AND [span style="color: rgb(255, 0, 255); font-weight: bold;"]PINK[/span]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)))

P.C.

[FONT color=#ff00ff]Like this purdy one ?  I don't think being pink is going to make it safer.[/FONT]

[img id=idMainImg alt="Nalgene 24oz OTG Water Bottle - Water Bottles on CampBound.com" src="http://www.campbound.com/ProductImages/waterbottles/NalgeneOTG.jpg" border=0]

Russ

Ill be honest... Im with Purelife on this one. Im going to continue to use my nalgene bottles... EVERYTHING is bad for you.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

purelife

Yes Yes! That's the one PC!  I LOVE mine and ain't giving it up because it took me a loooooooong time finding the best one to fit my needs.  

I'm with you too Russ...everything is unhealthy.  Sooner or later, I'll die anyways.   And besides, there are other things besides water bottles that kill someone sooner or give someone cancer.

P.C.

I think I agree with you both.  If one of the biggest killers is stress.....stressing out about all the things that can kill you doesn't seem really healthy either. Especially since it seems that there isn't much left that can't kill you.  

I've gotten to the point that I don't even listen to all that stuff any more.  Every day......and I mean EVERY day, they are reporting that something else is bad for you.  And when they're not doing that, they're retracting something that they told you was bad for you before....but now it's not.  I just can't keep up.

purelife

Let's sing Fa la la la la la la la la la, PC.