Changes

Started by Gopher, Oct 28 07 12:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Gopher

What changes have you noticed in yourself over the last five years?
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Lil Me

Happier, more at peace.
 Stronger, fitter, 30lbs lighter.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

TehBorken

Gopher wrote:
What changes have you noticed in yourself over the last five years?

I find I'm less tolerant of some things and more tolerant of other things. And I'm finding I care less and less about the things that are supposed to be popular (music, film, news, etc).

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

P.C.

You took the words right out of my mouth TB.  (word for word)

I find I'm less tolerant of some things and more tolerant of other things.  

I'm also more comfortable in quiet than I used to be.  I almost always had the TV on....seldomly watched it, but I liked the noise in the background.  Now I enjoy the quiet....that I'm in pretty good company alone.

I'm finding many of things that I didn't understand about my parents when I was younger, are making perfect sense now. (even things I out and out disagreed with, I see in a different light)        
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

I need 5 years to answer this question.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Gopher

More tolerant, more at ease with myself, more cynical - i.e. I seem to have devoped the ability to look at 'important' things with humour, more 'couldn't care less'.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

purelife

[em]Sportsdude wrote:
I need 5 years to answer this question.[/em]  

So, you're saying that there were no changes in your PAST 5 years?  Why would you need 5 years to answer this question?  I mean, you were alive between  2002 and 2007, right?[/p]
[/p]

purelife

The major change for me is that I'm a lot HAPPIER and CALMER than ever before.    

P.C.

So, you're saying that there were no changes in your PAST 5 years?  Why would you need 5 years to answer this question?  I mean, you were alive between  2002 and 2007, right?

LOL....great minds think alike.   I was just about to ask the same question.

Sportsdude

Yes I've gone through and changed a TON in 5 years. But I'm more on a 10 year plan, to answer the question better I need another 5 years, my revolution is not finished. It was a climb to get to where I am, but I'm not finished yet.

purelife

Ok, if you required 10 years, then what happened between 1997 and 2007?  No changes?  Or nothing significant enough to note? It sounds like you're going by 2002-2012.

Well, this thread is about 5 year changes.  Perhaps Gopher can ask again 5 years from now and ask for changes from the last 10 years. :P[/DIV]

P.C.

Nobody is finished until the last shovel of dirt is in place.

The question is simple.  What changes have you noticed in yourself in the last 5 years.  The question in no way implies that any of us are finished changing.  Nor will you be at the end of your 10 years.  

P.C.

HA HA HA.....you did it again purelife....LOL  

purelife

And oh gawd - a REVOLUTION?  SD, either you word it incorrectly when you first posted here about needing another 5 years, or you're really being ignorant and not reading Gopher's original question and again, trying to be different.

Sportsdude

ah okay.
How long do you've got? lol

well the obvious is that I've grown over a foot and gained 100lbs
I learned a lot about life, did a night shift at a factory style environment
seen, lived, worked in poverty
seen the good and bad part of society
dealt with institutionalized hidden racism
came alive poltically when most in my generation doesn't give
discovered more about myself and the world around me
discovered canada, then british columbia and eventually Vancouver
moved to Canada on a whim, site unseen, when everyone thought I was an idiot and stupid and predicted I'd be home by december because I'm SD, all talk and no actions. Not accountable, never says what he does. Well I showed them that they were wrong.
Stood up for myself.
Learned more about my family history and what they went through
At peace
happy although i still get the weight of the world feeling although not as often.
aged a lot, don't have the same outlook as my friends and family back home, to them I'm not recognisable anymore. Out grown most of them.