Lunch Places Downtown

Started by Lil Me, Oct 24 07 08:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Lil Me

I know people have great tips for lunches dt Vancouver, but they get lost in the "lunch" thread.  Please post them here!  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Michel

Michel

purelife

I heard that it's really good there.  I've dined there a couple of times (not for their buffet) and their food is yummy.  It's always busy though.  

Michel

purelife

I think so.  

You could also pre-order or do take out.

Yes, smallville is on!  :)  Ok, that was off topic.

Lil Me

I haven't been to Shabusen for a few years.  You cook your own food on the table (either grill or hotpot- you choose) and they bring you as much raw food as you want.  Plus as much sushi, salad, teriyaki chicken, gyoza etc. as you want.  It's a pretty good deal.

Anyone been to Samba's?  They have an all you can eat BBQ meat thing.  I haven't been there.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Russ

Oh hell yeah I been to Samba's... all you can gorge yourself with bbq'd meat?

Its really good. They even have some of that strange green leafy stuff there.

I recommend it, but I think its like 17 a person? They had live dancers for brazillian mombo or whatever its called when I was there.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lise

Samba? A friend of mine went there... .said it was definitely a meat-fest type of thing. Y'know, where the carnivore gather at the watering hole except there's meat instead of water. And forget about the greens, truly icky salad selection.

I'm not much of a downtown lunch person since I don't work there. It's the usual food court thing for me. If I had a choice though, I'd head down to Hornby Food Court. (Hornby and Pender?) They've got this international food court and I like the Chinese steamed chicken with rice selection. Can get crowded during lunch peak hours though.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lil Me

bump!  What else is good downtown?  

purelife

Urban Fare below the Shangri-La has an amazing healthy lunch selection.

They have sushi, sandwiches, soups, salads, hot/cold meals.  They all look yummy and really healthy.  

Lil Me

That sounds great purelife.

Michel

purelife

For a quarter chicken with two side dishes (choose from mashed taters, mixed veggies, including brocolli or fried rice) it costs $7.50ish.

California rolls - $6 for quite a lot

The "weigh your hot food" is expensive.  

Between $6 - $10, you can get something super healthy and tasty.

Michel