STORM TONIGHT FOR VAN AREA AND VAN ISLAND TOO

Started by Michel, Oct 17 07 02:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Michel

[div style="padding: 0px 20px 10px 0px; clear: both; float: right; text-align: right;"][/div]  

P.C.

Thanks Michel.....I heard this too.

I think we're going to get a lot of 'false alarms' this year, in light of our lack of preparedness last year.

Hope it's not too bad.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

Oh dear.  Well, thanks for the warning, Michel.

I guess I'll be setting the alarm on my cell phone, for sure...in case the power goes out and my regular alarm clock is blinking 12:00!!!

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lil Me

Uh, no I gotta.  Even though I have a home office- and I'm on my own schedule as the boss is away, I hafta take Heckyl and Jeckyl to school!  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

It's kinda odd that we now get some sunshine.  Our customers on the Island were tellingme this morning that it was sunny where they were but now getting dard... and we' having the opposite.  Rain and then sunny.  How bizarre! :))  

P.C.

We had sun all day yesterday where I am....and all day today....until about an hour ago.  It's just drizzling.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

yeah it looks dark in your direction P.C.
here its sunny and broken clouds with blue skies.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Sportsdude

its getting darker but its still bright out.  

Lil Me

It's been raining really heavily for the last few hours in Vancouver.  

Sportsdude

Where's the storm? I see stars here.  

Lil Me

[font face="Arial" size="2"][font color="#ff0000"]CKNW Breaking  News...[/font][/font][font face="Arial" size="2"]
[/font][/p] [font face="Arial" size="2"] [font face="Arial" size="2"]The worst of today's storm on the South Coast won't  hit Greater Vancouver and the Fraser Valley until later today.  30 to 40  millimetres of rain is expected to fall during the day, but the winds won't rise  to 70 km/h until after noon.[/font][/p][/font]