Whose Job is It ?

Started by P.C., Aug 30 07 06:36

Previous topic - Next topic

P.C.

What household jobs does anybody consider to be 'not MY job'?

For example....toilet cleaning.....taking the garbage out.....mowing the lawn....doing the dishes.....etc.

What 'arrangement' works for you in your relationships, as far as doling out the daily drudgeries ?

Do you share 50/50 ?

Do you each have designated chores ?

Who does what....and who would 'NEVER do THAT'.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

49er

All outdoor chores are mine.

All indoor chores hers except when she says its mine.

This helps me to get

[TABLE bgColor=#ffffdd border=1] [TBODY] [TR] [TD align=middle colSpan=2][SMALL]Anti-Spam Bot-Stopper
Please type the text below into this field[/SMALL][/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD align=middle] [STYLE type=text/css]    TD.at_r1 (vertical-align:bottom;)    [/STYLE]  [TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0] [TBODY] [TR] [TD][/TD] [TD class=at_r1 rowSpan=2]se[/TD] [TD][/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD]mad[/TD] [TD]x[/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE][/TD] [TD][INPUT type=hidden value=25028205979d66aec69d8c908489c9d5 name=sauce_check][INPUT size=10 value=madsex name=sauce][/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE]

P.C.

Hahahahaaa.....sounds like an arrangement that works fine.      

Lil Me

Mr LM usually does garbage, deck cleaning, and handy stuff.  But I will if he's not avail.  I do everything else.  It's not 50/50, but that's ok because I'm a bit neurotic and I'd prefer to do things a certain way.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lise

It's HIS job until I nag him till I'm blue in the face. Hubby absolutely refused to touch the toilet bowl. I don't know why.. it's HIS stuff that I'm cleaning. Do you think I like cleaning the damn toilet bowl?

He claims that I always tell him what to do so he doesn't do it in the end. Quite the great debater, isn't he?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

So we don't have an 'arrangement' or an agreement down pat yet then.....[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c008.gif" border=0]

purelife

My guy takes out the garbage and does any handy work around our place, not that it happens too often.  If he has a bunch of his stuff on the kitchen table, computer desks, coffee table, etc, then it's HIS job to make it look neater.  Once in a while, if he leaves it for too long, I will make it neater.

Otherwise, 99% of the time, I do the bathroom.
We split on hand washing the floors.  
We split on dishes, though I do the better job and do it often.
I cook almost all the meals AND make his lunches the night before.
I do his landry because he just leaves it too late and still doesn't get it done.  (we don't have in-suite laundry)
Oh, I also do 100% of the grocery shopping.  He may come with me and help me carry them up.  
So, uhm, nothing is 50/50.

How about you and Sawdust, PC?

P.C.

Ours works well.

Whoever feels like cooking...cooks......but I cook mostly through the week as hubby works.  Although he's very good at jumping in to cook even on those days if I've tuckered myself doing yard work.  All in all, it works good.

I do a goodly portion of the daily cleaning....vacuuming, bathrooms etc.

Hubby does the dishes 99% of the time and he does his own laundry too.

I do almost all outdoor work....it's not his thing.

I decided it's not about who does what....it's about feeling the division of work suits both and one person doesn't feel like they're carrying the load.

Russ

whoever wants to really.

we both tend to leave it longer than we should. but it gets done, by either of us. if one doesnt feel like it the other will.

i tend to do more of the cooking, while starfish tends to start with the cleaning until she pokes me with something and I get up and help. I usually end up cleaning the shower and can.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims