Agoraphobia

Started by P.C., Aug 31 07 11:03

Previous topic - Next topic

kitten

I was thinking that on an unconscious leven that you are most comfortable in your own home.  When you leave your comfort level is reduced to an extent.  Agoraphobia is a fear of open spaces, which you seem to have no trouble with.  I don't know what else it could be other than anxiety that manifests itself in illness or pain.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

P.C.

I associate these things with weakness......I know that's probably not so.......but I still do.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

kitten

It is NOT weakness!!!   You can't help how it affects you...it simply does.  I bet you would scold me silly if I said the same thing, so don't go thinking that about yourself.  It would probably take years of professional therapy to find out why you react this way, so as long as it isn't too extreme just accept it as one of those annoying things you have to put up with.

Lise

Being fearful of something is not a weakness. I do agree with kitten on that. It can be resolve but it'll take gut and willpower.

I have a weakness of heights though......it's weird. Like I can stand looking down mountain or from a tall tower but if you put me in front of an air ballon, I get scared right down to my willies.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

kitten

I can handle heights as long as there is a barrier like a wall or railing, but I go to pieces on a stepladder when I try to change a lightbulb.

P.C.

I think there is a physical difference between a fear and a phobia.....and maybe a psychological one as well.   (well at least I think there is)  I wonder if the difference is, that a phobia is an 'unfounded, or unrealistic' fear of something.  I mean it's reasonable to be fearful of some things.....that's basic survival or self preservation instincts.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

kitten

I agree, and that's why I don't think it's a phobia.  I think it may be some buried fear that you can't remember.