Mom blames Satan for burning baby in microwave

Started by TehBorken, May 21 07 07:02

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...........sure, it was Satan. Uh-huh. You betcha.
[hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"]
[a style="color: rgb(0, 0, 255); font-weight: bold;" href="http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/4820131.html"]Mom blames Satan for burning baby in microwave[/a]

GALVESTON — A woman blames the devil and not her husband for severely burning their infant daughter after the 2-month-old was put in a microwave, a Houston television station reported.

Eva Marie Mauldin said Satan compelled her 19-year-old husband, Joshua Royce Mauldin, to microwave their daughter May 10 because the devil disapproved of Joshua's efforts to become a preacher.

"Satan saw my husband as a threat. Satan attacked him because he saw (Joshua) as a threat," Eva Mauldin told Houston television station KHOU-TV.

A Galveston County grand jury indicted Joshua Mauldin last week on child injury charges after hearing evidence that he placed his daughter in a motel microwave for 10 to 20 seconds.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

P.C.

This is one of those stories I wish I never heard.  It has already started to haunt me.

This is without a doubt one of the sickest incidences I've ever heard.  It needs to be ensured that both parents of this child are unable procreate ever again.  As if what he did isn't sick enough, along comes 'mom' who defends him.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

kitten

This is one of the sickest things I ever heard of.  I only regret that he can't suffer the same punishment.  The poor baby will go through life with severe trauma, and probably brain damage as well.  I agree, the parents should be sterilized immediately.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

P.C.

Just goes to show you that even when you think you have strong beliefs......something can always come along that rattles them.  I think if somebody asked me yesterday if I believed in involuntary sterilization, I likely would have said no.  Today I say yes.

kitten

Anybody that would deliberately harm a child such as a child molester or abuser should be sterilized.

Lise

I saw that one. I can't believe she blames something else. Man, they seriously are incapable of taking care of their own child. Idiots.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

hmmm the fact that the couple is married at 20 and 19 should raise enough alarms.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Well, I was married at 19, and I would agree to a certain extent that there aren't enough life skills to see you through a lot of issues.  I think this is more a case of warped religious interpretation yet once again.

Sportsdude

you were?
19,20 is not what it used to be.
Most are doomed.

kitten

I imagine it would depend on the level of maturity, as well as having someone who has raised children that they could turn to if needed.

Sportsdude

in todays world it just doesn't work. My generation doesn't get there act together until after college.  

P.C.

I don't know for sure that it's about having your act together.  You can only know what 19 years of experiences can bring you....and to decide that you're ready to sever your experiences, to some degree, is just premature.  I know a lot of people who are still blissfully married after committing to marriage at that age, but I don't think it's the norm in this day and age.

Sportsdude

all the people I know who have gotten married at an early age are all divorced or in a loveless marriage.
Usually these marriages are in the "I was young and stupid" stage.
This is why kids are engaged for 3 years now.