Mexican Theme Night Dinner

Started by Lise, May 20 07 08:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Lise

Got one party coming up and I'm hosting. Wondering if any of you guys can offer some ideas? I'm starting to panick as I'm clueless about a Mexican Party Theme Night. I went so far as to write down tacos (buy packet kit) and margaritas (buy frozen can).... One sign to say "leave donkey at door" and that's about it.

Me and my big mouth....

So any help will be appreciated. Thanks!
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Well of course you all have to dress up.  And a pinata is a must.  Even a game of pin the tail on the donkey is a hoot.  (yes.....even for adults.....especially for adults.  And a MUST for adults who have had a margarita or two....lol)

We did a Mexican theme dinner one night too Lise.  It was a lot of fun.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lise

I did think of a pinata. Trouble is.... where does one hang one up in the house? I bet the kids would love it though.

Hmmm.... I'm looking forward to the margaritas already. I'm thinking of rubbing the rims with lime and lining it with salt then pour the margaritas in. Yummmy.

Pin the tail on the donkey, eh? That's a good idea. I might go ahead and do something like that. Oh ah, I bet the adults and kids will have fun doing that. [/DIV]
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Mariachi music
Get a bunch of Sombrero hats

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

I'm thinking the pinata is outdoor entertainment.  I made a pinata for ours.....it was a likeness of our ex-boss/thorn in everybody's side.....lol.  (I'll PM you a pic tomorrow)  We all had too much fun with THAT!

It's pretty inexpensive to dress up too.....and a lot of fun.  Lots of brilliant colours works just fine.  I'll try and remember some of the other stuff we did.  (maybe the pics will jar my memory)  

Lise

Ahaha. That's funny! Putting your boss' picture on the pinata. We don't have an outdoor tree... maybe we'll come up with something.  Gotcha on the color theme. For sure, if you have any more ideas, PC, lemme know. Thanks!

Sombreros. Yep, SD. That's a good one. I'll have to go hunting this week. Not sure where I might find them.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Decorate with very bright colours.
Any party store should have something. Plus Cinco de Mayo was a couple weeks ago so party stores probably have some excess inventory.

P.C.

Actually, the Dollar Giant stores have lots of fun inexpensive theme stuff.

purelife

Speaking of Dollar stores, there was one that just opened, Lise called Dollarama.  It's right on the side across from Futureshop.  It's under those stairs by the side of Metrotown.  It's REALLY big!  

kitten

Thanks for posting that, purelife.  I love browsing through dollar stores.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Lil Me

Dollar Stores have the Sombreros.

Pinatas at StupidStore.

Tortilla chips, salsa, guacamole, bean dip, etc.

Mexican rice

Refried beans or some kind of bean dish

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

49er

Lil Me

for eating or decoration, 49er?  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

giant blown up Corona bottle.
Oh wait this isn't a frat party.

Lil Me

Totally not authentic, but I LOOOVE this dip: Tostitos Sala Con Queso.  Take metal lid off jar, microwave and serve.