Paging Lise

Started by gestt, Apr 17 07 01:53

Previous topic - Next topic

gestt

http://www.discovervancouver.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=20196

The dentist Gavrilko is claiming you lied when you posted that about him. Did you happen to save the bcctv news article that someone provided the link for? The original is gone now.

P.C.

I didn't see anything in that thread that was a statement of Lise's... didn't she just paste a quote of the charges?  Maybe I'm missing something here.  Is this the link you are looking for?  [A href="http://www.bcctv.ca/news/stories/2003/06/news-20030625-07.htm" rel=nofollow][FONT color=#00008b]http://www.bcctv.ca/news/stories/2003/06/news-20030625-07.htm[/FONT][/A]

edit....sorry, that's a dead link.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

P.C.

This is from an article in the Sentinal (College of Dental Surgeons of British Columbia) from March 2006

[FONT face=Frutiger-Bold size=2] [P align=left]Revocation of the Authority of a

[P align=left]Dentist's Incorporation to Carry on

[P align=left]the Practice of Dentistry

[/FONT][FONT face=Frutiger-Light size=2] [P align=left]In June 2005, after a full hearing,

[P align=left]an Inquiry Panel cancelled Dr. Oleg

[P align=left]Gavrilko's registration. Council revoked

[P align=left]the authority of Dr. Oleg Gavrilko Inc.

[P align=left]to carry on the practice of dentistry,

[P align=left]effective March 3, 2006.

[/FONT]

[DIV style="LEFT: 54px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 6578px"][NOBR]Revocation of the Authority of a [/NOBR]

[DIV style="LEFT: 54px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 6596px"][NOBR]Dentist's Incorporation to Carry on [/NOBR]

[DIV style="LEFT: 54px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 6614px"][NOBR]the Practice of Dentistry[/NOBR]

[DIV style="LEFT: 54px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 6636px"][NOBR]In June 2005, after a full hearing, [/NOBR]

[DIV style="LEFT: 54px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 6656px"][NOBR]an Inquiry Panel cancelled [B style="COLOR: black; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffff66"]Dr[/B]. [B style="COLOR: black; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #a0ffff"]Oleg[/B] [/NOBR]

[DIV style="LEFT: 54px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 6675px"][NOBR][B style="COLOR: black; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #99ff99"]Gavrilko[/B]'s registration. Council revoked [/NOBR]

[DIV style="LEFT: 54px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 6695px"][NOBR]the authority of [B style="COLOR: black; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffff66"]Dr[/B]. [B style="COLOR: black; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #a0ffff"]Oleg[/B] [B style="COLOR: black; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #99ff99"]Gavrilko[/B] Inc. [/NOBR]

[DIV style="LEFT: 54px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 6714px"][NOBR]to carry on the practice of dentistry, [/NOBR]

[DIV style="LEFT: 54px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 6734px"][NOBR]effective March 3, 2006.[/NOBR]

[DIV style="LEFT: 54px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 6578px"][NOBR]Revocation of the Authority of a [/NOBR]

[DIV style="LEFT: 54px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 6596px"][NOBR]Dentist's Incorporation to Carry on [/NOBR]

[DIV style="LEFT: 54px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 6614px"][NOBR]the Practice of Dentistry[/NOBR]

[DIV style="LEFT: 54px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 6636px"][NOBR]In June 2005, after a full hearing, [/NOBR]

[DIV style="LEFT: 54px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 6656px"][NOBR]an Inquiry Panel cancelled [B style="COLOR: black; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffff66"]Dr[/B]. [B style="COLOR: black; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #a0ffff"]Oleg[/B] [/NOBR]

[DIV style="LEFT: 54px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 6675px"][NOBR][B style="COLOR: black; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #99ff99"]Gavrilko[/B]'s registration. Council revoked [/NOBR]

[DIV style="LEFT: 54px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 6695px"][NOBR]the authority of [B style="COLOR: black; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffff66"]Dr[/B]. [B style="COLOR: black; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #a0ffff"]Oleg[/B] [B style="COLOR: black; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #99ff99"]Gavrilko[/B] Inc. [/NOBR]

[DIV style="LEFT: 54px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 6714px"][NOBR]to carry on the practice of dentistry, [/NOBR]

[DIV style="LEFT: 54px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 6734px"][NOBR]effective March 3, 2006.[/NOBR]

[DIV style="LEFT: 54px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 6734px"][NOBR]effective March 3, 2006.[/NOBR][/DIV]

gestt

Well, she posted something she received in the mail regarding him, and then said, "[font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica"]He practised without a license, most likely."

[/font]Sounds like the good dentist has moved along (to warmer climes) and wants all traces of his past misconduct in less forgiving parts erased fom the public record.
[font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica"]

[/font]  

P.C.

Sorry about the crummy paste....don't know what happened there...lol

Well....a 'most likely' is hardly a bold faced lie.....sounded more like a question or an assumption.  Anyways....why he's worried about a claim about practising without a license would be weird, it sounded like there were greater charges involved.

gestt

Oh, there were! Read through the thread... (also info elsewhere online about him charging for services not performed.)  

Lise

Thanks, PC for the article. See, I didn't make it all up.

Shoot. I typed a whole load of stuff and then my screen went blank. *grumble grumble* His license was revoked and taken away as it should. Let it be a warning to all dentist who practise illegally.

Sorry, I don't have that BCCTV link. They must have removed it.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

49er

How can that be ..... dosen't one need a business license also besides a professional license?

P.C.

You'd think 49er.  But it's amazing how many doctors etc get charged every year for practising without a  license or even a degree.  It's kind of scary.

weird al

I was busted for practicing without a licence. But in my defence I should say that I wasn't completely unqualified. You see, I used to hang around drugstores a lot, and I learned a few important things.

Like if you're gonna perform an operation, you should wash your hands first. Especially if they're very dirty. The BCMA and that other group, those dental dudes? shd get off their high horse.

P.C.

That's OK weird al.  Practising guitar is allowed.  And you don't even NEED a license....but it's nice if you have one.

Lise

I'm not sure but I think a dentist can legally if he or she received their college degree from UBC. A business license is separate. They can do this because of their profession, they're medical doctors. I do think the College should implement a council to keep surprise check-up on the dentists though. Some of them do have suspicious practise policies.

Dentists do have to keep up with a 3 year contract where they must get a specific amount of points in order to keep their license. However, you can usually get away with terrible and questionable practise even if you keep up-to-date with the points. What you put on paper is completely different from what is practise in public.  
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.