'sup with the locked thread?

Started by Moolah!, Mar 07 07 05:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Should Spirit Guides thread be unlocked?

Yes
5 (62.5%)
Nooooooooooooo!
3 (37.5%)
Dunno. I need to consult my spirit guides on this.
4 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 8

|

Moolah!

P.C. wrote:
 I just posted that I thought that the poster may have removed it themselves, because there is no indication that it was removed by an admin.  But after checking with a newer member, I realize that there isn't an option to remove their own threads.  I thought there was. (???)  I'm baffled. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/konfus/n020.gif[/img][/DIV]
 I believe TFF is referring to a DV thread, not a DS thread.

TFF wrote:

How interesting.  A mod just snuck in on DV and conveniently deleted the thread titled Raging Poodle is a big baby !!!!!!!! ([SPAN lang=EN-CA style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'; 12pt: ; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-CA; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"]TOPIC_ID=149223) [/SPAN]where had raor had posted some really nasty words about PC and another poster aluded to raor being TehAngel.  

I bet Raging Poodle has that thread saved somewhere.  

I noticed that today also. What was there to delete in that thread?

From what I remember, there was some joking back and forth.

Not even the OP was hateful enough about me. (That the thread didn't even make it to my list.)

Yet a whole bunch of hateful threads DO remain, and ARE left to fester, despite repeated requests for their removal.

So no, I didn't save a copy of it. The thread didn't seem to be out of the ordinary in terms of the info it contained to warrant its being saved.

*  Please unban me!! please please please  *

P.C.

TFF wrote:

How interesting.  A mod just snuck in on DV and conveniently deleted the thread titled Raging Poodle is a big baby !!!!!!!! ([SPAN lang=EN-CA style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'; 12pt: ; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-CA; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"]TOPIC_ID=149223) [/SPAN]where had raor had posted some really nasty words about PC and another poster aluded to raor being TehAngel.

Oops....sorry.  I totally misread that.[/DIV]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

TFF

Raging Poodle! wrote:

Not even the OP was hateful enough about me. (That the thread didn't even make it to my list.)

Yet a whole bunch of hateful threads DO remain, and ARE left to fester, despite repeated requests for their removal.

So no, I didn't save a copy of it. The thread didn't seem to be out of the ordinary in terms of the info it contained to warrant its being saved.

That's DV for ya, mysterious deletions of perfectly okay threads and unexplained left-alone threads full of hate and slander.   [/DIV]

Heywood Jablomi

TFF wrote:
Raging Poodle! wrote:

That's DV for ya, mysterious deletions of perfectly okay threads and unexplained left-alone threads full of hate and slander.  

Exactly, that was the style that was perfected by that twit Academe.[/DIV]

Moolah!

[FONT color=#007f40]Just because I didn't have a copy of that thread, doesn't mean I'm losing my touch at resurrecting deleted threads:[/FONT]

[FONT color=#007f40][/FONT]

[A href="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/index.php/topic,4471.0.html"][FONT color=#bf00bf]http://discoverseattle.net/forums/index.php/topic,4471.0.html[/FONT][/A]  [img onclick=smile(this.src) src="http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/cool0037.gif"]

[FONT color=#007f40][img onclick=smile(this.src) src="http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/jumping0041.gif"][/FONT]

TFF

Heywood Jablomi wrote:

That's DV for ya, mysterious deletions of perfectly okay threads and unexplained left-alone threads full of hate and slander.  

So why don't the current mods learn from that twit academe and stop doing the mysterious deletions of perfectly okay threads and start explaining why they left alone threads full of hate and slander?  

WoeIsYou

Wow, all you hypocrites! That thread "Raging Poodle is a baby" had major hatred inside from the FallenBeotch (aka raor, lepititis, HailyBaily, HtotheB, Theangel and all the other handlejacked names of every regular that she could get her hands on)

The hate was towards PC once again, such spite coming from Raging Poodle! and raor, so willing to go back and forth on that issue! Methinks, it shouldn't have been deleted, would have been a good idea to keep that one on hand so people could recognize the angel from hell! Go ahead Raging Poodle! and guests, everyone saw it, let's see all the denial now!  

TFF

WoeIsYou wrote:
That thread "Raging Poodle is a baby" had major hatred inside from the FallenBeotch (aka raor, lepititis, HailyBaily, HtotheB, Theangel and all the other handlejacked names of every regular that she could get her hands on).  

The hate was towards PC once again, such spite coming from Raging Poodle! and raor, so willing to go back and forth on that issue! Methinks, it shouldn't have been deleted, would have been a good idea to keep that one on hand so people could recognize the angel from hell! Go ahead Raging Poodle! and guests, everyone saw it, let's see all the denial now!    

Maybe raor's mod friend deleted the thread because it implicated her "major hatred" toward PC?  I don't remember Raging Poodle! saying such things about PC, but if he did, bad ferret!

WoeIsYou

TFF                      [div class="smalltext"]                         Guest

[a href="mailto:[email protected]"]Email[/a]                      [/div]                                                            [table border="0" width="100%"][tbody][tr]                         [td align="left" valign="middle"][a href="index.php/topic,4331.msg69191.html#msg69191"][img]Themes/default/images/post/xx.gif" alt="" border="0"][/a][/td]                         [td align="left" valign="middle"]                            [a href="index.php/topic,4331.msg69191.html#msg69191"]Re: 'sup with the locked thread?[/a]                            [div class="smalltext"]« Reply #142 on: Mar 22 07 »[/div][/td]                         [td style="font-size: smaller;" align="right" height="20" nowrap="nowrap" valign="bottom"]                            [a href="index.php?action=post;quote=69191;topic=4331.135;num_replies=142;sesc=230ecb2d64f18563713fbbbb4b9a28b7" onclick="if (!currentSwap) doQuote(69191); else window.location.XXXX = this.href; return false;"]Reply with quote[/a]                         [/td]                      [/tr][/tbody][/table]                      [hr class="hrcolor" size="1" width="100%"]                      WoeIsYou wrote:
That thread "Raging Poodle is a baby" had major hatred inside from the FallenBeotch (aka raor, lepititis, HailyBaily, HtotheB, Theangel and all the other handlejacked names of every regular that she could get her hands on).  [/p] The hate was towards PC once again, such spite coming from Raging Poodle! and raor, so willing to go back and forth on that issue! Methinks, it shouldn't have been deleted, would have been a good idea to keep that one on hand so people could recognize the angel from hell! Go ahead Raging Poodle! and guests, everyone saw it, let's see all the denial now!    
[/p] Maybe raor's mod friend deleted the thread because it implicated her "major hatred" toward PC?  I don't remember Raging Poodle! saying such things about PC, but if he did, bad ferret![/p]Fair is Fair, his act of always protecting and rescuing the fallen one could be misconstrued at times, one could surmise him to be an accomplice and not a perpetrator.
[/p]  

tenkani

[/DIV]So why don't the current mods learn from that twit academe and stop doing the mysterious deletions of perfectly okay threads and start explaining why they left alone threads full of hate and slander?  

Quoted for truth. After Academe left things did change. And then, for reasons I can't fully explain, months later it was like she was back in spirit.

As far as deleting "hatred" on DV, we need to define our terms a bit. I'm Ok with "hate crimes" being dealt with (depending on what you mean by that), but it's DV, and if you're talking about deleting brutal flames just because they hurt someone's feelings then I think you're dead wrong. Bickering and flames is part of what made DV so special.  
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

WoeIsYou

[div][em]Exactly, that was the style that was perfected by that twit Academe.[/em][/div]
 [div][em][/em][/div][em]So why don't the current mods learn from that twit academe and stop doing the mysterious deletions of perfectly okay threads and start explaining why they left alone threads full of hate and slander?[/em]  

Quoted for truth. After Academe left things did change. And then, for reasons I can't fully explain, months later it was like she was back in spirit.

As far as deleting "hatred" on DV, we need to define our terms a bit. I'm Ok with "hate crimes" being dealt with (depending on what you mean by that), but it's DV, and if you're talking about deleting brutal flames just because they hurt someone's feelings then I think you're dead wrong. Bickering and flames is part of what made DV so special.

*Applauding Tenkani* and that folks, is the reason why you have two different forums to visit. One (DS) where everyone knows your name, mostly a friendly environment. Two (DV) a surprise bag there, it could be a loaded gun one night and it could be milk and cookies with granny the next.

TFF

tenkani wrote:
   As far as deleting "hatred" on DV, we need to define our terms a bit. I'm Ok with "hate crimes" being dealt with (depending on what you mean by that), but it's DV, and if [FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffbf"]you're talking about deleting brutal flames just because they hurt someone's feelings then I think you're dead wrong. Bickering and flames is part of what made DV so special.[/FONT]

[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][SPAN lang=EN-CA]I don't know if you got this on your news in the [?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /][st1:country-region w:st="on"]USA[/st1:country-region], but recently in [st1:State w:st="on"][st1:place w:st="on"]Ontario[/st1:place][/st1:State] 4 students were expelled and 20 were suspended because they posted derogatory and insulting comments about two teachers.  The school said the comments were hurtful for the teachers, probably in the same way you described "brutal flames" that "hurt someone's feelings."  [?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /][o:p][/o:p][/SPAN]

[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][SPAN lang=EN-CA] [o:p][/o:p][/SPAN]

[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][SPAN lang=EN-CA]The RCMP tracked down the students who set up the phoney teacher pages and those who posted comments, even though they used pseudonyms, so the cops were involved even though it is "just the Internet" and not real life.[/SPAN]

[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][SPAN lang=EN-CA][/SPAN][SPAN lang=EN-CA] [o:p][/o:p][/SPAN]

[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][SPAN lang=EN-CA][A href="http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/news/story.html?id=f7dc4f83-a93f-42ad-9279-faaa2c26930b&k=85506"][FONT color=#800080]http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/news/story.html?id=f7dc4f83-a93f-42ad-9279-faaa2c26930b&k=85506[/FONT][/A][o:p][/o:p][/SPAN]

[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][SPAN lang=EN-CA] [o:p][/o:p][/SPAN]

[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][SPAN lang=EN-CA]It has taken time for people to adjust to what online actions mean in the "real world." [/SPAN][SPAN lang=EN-CA][o:p][/o:p][/SPAN]

[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][SPAN lang=EN-CA]"We're getting to the point where we're saying, doing something on the Internet doesn't make it any less improper," he said. "If I commit a fraud via the Internet, that's a fraud. If I defame someone on the Internet, that's defamatory. If I do anything electronically, it makes no difference, it's still criminal."[/SPAN][SPAN lang=EN-CA][o:p][/o:p][/SPAN]

[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][SPAN lang=EN-CA]And now we're starting to say, 'What about the people who run the Internet [i.e., DV]? What kind of responsibility do they have?"[/SPAN][SPAN lang=EN-CA][o:p][/o:p][/SPAN]

[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][SPAN lang=EN-CA] [/SPAN]

[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][SPAN lang=EN-CA][/SPAN][SPAN lang=EN-CA]So if people believe there are posts and threads on DV signalling them out in negative and hurtful ways, you're saying the moderators and the web-site admins should do nothing even if the posts and threads have the potential of being criminally defamatory or the people being "brutally flamed" request the posts and threads be deleted?   [/SPAN]

TFF

[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][SPAN lang=EN-CA]I'm sure Adam Fulford would be glad to see another thread about him on DV.   [/SPAN]

[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][SPAN lang=EN-CA][/SPAN]

[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][SPAN lang=EN-CA][A href="http://www.discovervancouver.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=149578"]http://www.discovervancouver.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=149578[/A][/SPAN]

[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][SPAN lang=EN-CA][/SPAN]

[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][SPAN lang=EN-CA] [TABLE id=Table2 style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: midnightblue; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=10 width="100%" border=0] [TBODY] [TR bgColor=gainsboro] [TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold" vAlign=top align=left]Adam Fulford [/TD] [TD colSpan=2]
 [DIV align=right][A href="http://www.discovervancouver.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=149578#top"][img height=15 src="http://www.discovervancouver.com/forum/icon_go_up.gif" width=15 align=right border=0][/A][/DIV][/TD][/TR] [TR bgColor=gainsboro] [TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold" vAlign=top align=left]Adam Fulford[/TD] [TD colSpan=2][img title="" height=15 alt="" hspace=3 src="http://www.discovervancouver.com/forum/icon_posticon.gif" width=15 border=0][FONT size=1]Posted - 3/22/2007 12:29:38 PM[/FONT]  [HR noShade SIZE=1] ROAR! I SUE YOU ALL!
 [DIV align=right][A href="http://www.discovervancouver.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=149578#top"][img height=15 src="http://www.discovervancouver.com/forum/icon_go_up.gif" width=15 align=right border=0][/A][/DIV][/TD][/TR] [TR bgColor=whitesmoke] [TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold" vAlign=top align=left]CaptainUnderpants[/TD] [TD colSpan=2][img title="" height=15 alt="" hspace=3 src="http://www.discovervancouver.com/forum/icon_posticon.gif" width=15 border=0][FONT size=1]Posted - 3/22/2007 12:30:26 PM[/FONT]  [HR noShade SIZE=1] Haha!!! I can't believe this thread is still alive. [A href="http://www.discovervancouver.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=87979" target=_blank rel=nofollow][FONT color=#0000ff]http://www.discovervancouver.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=87979[/FONT][/A]
[/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE][/SPAN]

Lise

Whoa. Is that Adam for sure?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Moolah!

WoeIsYou wrote:
  ... and that folks, is the reason why you have two different forums to visit. One (DS) where everyone knows your name, mostly a friendly environment. Two (DV) a surprise bag there, it could be a loaded gun one night and it could be milk and cookies with granny the next.

And then we have cowardly losers like WoeIsYou who comes into a forum where everyone knows your name, and trolls anonymously spewing bullshit.

> Fair is Fair, his act of always protecting and rescuing the fallen one could be misconstrued at times, one could surmise him to be an accomplice and not a perpetrator.

I see you're choosing your words carefully - "could be misconstrued", "one could surmise" Nice. But you're still making allegations.

Proof, asshat. Where do you see me ALWAYS "protecting and rescuing the fallen one"?

I only express my views. And they're my own views. Not intended to defend one particular person or another.

At least I have the courage to state who I am, put my name on the bottom of my comments, instead of hiding and trolling under multiple anonymous nicknames.

|