'sup with the locked thread?

Started by Moolah!, Mar 07 07 05:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Should Spirit Guides thread be unlocked?

Yes
5 (62.5%)
Nooooooooooooo!
3 (37.5%)
Dunno. I need to consult my spirit guides on this.
4 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 8

|

Moolah!

tenkani wrote:
 Lame. Posters should never have the power to edit and delete their stuffs freely.

That kind of thing only works in a utopian society where you can trust your brothers and sisters.

And such a village does not exist.[/DIV]
 On one hand, true; you can't trust human nature not to abuse or misuse any bit power they're given.

On the other hand, sometimes I make typos and I enjoy having the freedom to be able to edit and correct my own messages.

*  Please unban me!! please please please  *

tenkani

True dat.

I edit my posts CONSTANTLY so I should STFU    ;)

I wish there was a way to allow us to edit stuff like that without changing our posts to completely change the flow of conversation (hide our trespasses).
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

P.C.

Raging Poodle, there was no abuse or misuse of 'power' in this whole thread.  

If one were to read it now, it would certainly look like someone was getting beaten up for no reason at all.  Until your realize that someone gathered these comments....each from a different post by one person.  Most if not all are now gone.

[SPAN style="COLOR: rgb(0,0,0)"]   [SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(96,0,191)"]Come again when you're not having your time of the month.  :-)     [/SPAN][/DIV][/SPAN] [SPAN style="COLOR: rgb(0,0,0)"][SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(0,0,255)"]For making u upset? awww...[/SPAN][BR style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(0,0,255)"][BR style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(0,0,255)"][SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(0,0,255)"]Sorry PC, I still don't give a damn[/SPAN]

[SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(96,0,191)"][SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(0,0,255)"][/SPAN][/SPAN]

[SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(96,0,191)"][SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(0,0,255)"][SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(0,127,64)"]PC, [/SPAN][BR style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(0,127,64)"][BR style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(0,127,64)"][SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(0,127,64)"]Shush.  I learned to tune you out long ago.[/SPAN][/SPAN][/SPAN]

[SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(96,0,191)"][SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(0,0,255)"][SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(0,127,64)"][/SPAN]
 [/DIV][/SPAN][/SPAN] [SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(96,0,191)"][SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(0,0,255)"][SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(64,64,255)"]You have some foam around your lips.[/SPAN][FONT color=#000000]    [/FONT][/SPAN][/SPAN]

[SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(96,0,191)"][SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(0,0,255)"][FONT color=#000000][/FONT][/SPAN][/SPAN]

[SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(96,0,191)"][SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(0,0,255)"][SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(0,64,127)"]Awww.  

Would it make you feel any better if I told you I gave a damn?[BR style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(0,64,127)"][/SPAN][SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(0,64,127)"][/SPAN][BR style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(0,64,127); FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"][SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(0,64,127); FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"][/SPAN][FONT style="COLOR: rgb(0,64,127); FONT-FAMILY: Verdana" size=7][FONT size=6][SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold"]Attempting to give a damn....[/SPAN][/FONT][BR style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold"][BR style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold"][SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold"]/Fail[/SPAN][/FONT]
[/SPAN][/SPAN]

[SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(96,0,191)"][SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(0,0,255)"][SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(160,64,255)"]mr kitty -- i was explaining to Raging Poodle what happened, when lise and pc got all rabid.[/SPAN][/SPAN][/SPAN]

[SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(96,0,191)"][SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(0,0,255)"][SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(160,64,255)"][/SPAN][/SPAN][/SPAN]

[SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(96,0,191)"][SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(0,0,255)"][SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(160,64,255)"][FONT color=#000000][SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold"]Oops![/SPAN][BR style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold"][BR style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold"][SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold"]Oh well, we can't always get what we want, eh P.C.?  [/SPAN][BR style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold"][BR style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold"][SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold"]I'm sure you know alot about that. ;)[/SPAN]
  [/FONT][/SPAN][/SPAN][/SPAN]

[SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(96,0,191)"][SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(0,0,255)"][SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(160,64,255)"] [SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(96,0,191)"]You see, how hyperactive these two admins (Lise & PC) are![/SPAN][/DIV][/SPAN][/SPAN][/SPAN][/SPAN]  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Moolah!

P.C. wrote:
 I removed one .....my last one...on the very night of this 'conversation' as better judgement told me...enough...[FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #dfffbf"]just drop it[/FONT].  It was reflected that I did so.

That was it.

Gee, why so defensive PC?

You want me to just drop it, then how come you keep coming back to it? [img]http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c028.gif" border=0 ="url(this.src);"]

P.C.

Good question.

The thing about banging your head against a brick wall is.....it feels so good when you stop.

[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/a010.gif" border=0]

Moolah!

P.C. wrote:
 Raging Poodle, there was no abuse or misuse of 'power' in this whole thread.  

If one were to read it now, it would certainly look like someone was getting beaten up for no reason at all.  Until your realize that someone gathered these comments....each from a different post by one person.  Most if not all are now gone.

[SPAN style="COLOR: rgb(0,0,0)"]     [SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(96,0,191)"]Come again when you're not having your time of the month.  :-)     [/SPAN][/DIV][/SPAN] [SPAN style="COLOR: rgb(0,0,0)"][SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(0,0,255)"]For making u upset? awww...[/SPAN][BR style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(0,0,255)"][BR style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(0,0,255)"][SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(0,0,255)"]Sorry PC, I still don't give a damn[/SPAN]

[SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(96,0,191)"][SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(0,0,255)"][/SPAN][/SPAN]

[SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(96,0,191)"][SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(0,0,255)"][SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(0,127,64)"]PC, [/SPAN][BR style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(0,127,64)"][BR style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(0,127,64)"][SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(0,127,64)"]Shush.  I learned to tune you out long ago.[/SPAN][/SPAN][/SPAN]

[SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(96,0,191)"][SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(0,0,255)"][SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(0,127,64)"][/SPAN]
 [/DIV][/SPAN][/SPAN] [SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(96,0,191)"][SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(0,0,255)"][SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(64,64,255)"]You have some foam around your lips.[/SPAN][FONT color=#000000]    [/FONT][/SPAN][/SPAN]

[SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(96,0,191)"][SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(0,0,255)"][FONT color=#000000][/FONT][/SPAN][/SPAN]

[SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(96,0,191)"][SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(0,0,255)"][SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(0,64,127)"]Awww.  

Would it make you feel any better if I told you I gave a damn?[BR style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(0,64,127)"][/SPAN][SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(0,64,127)"][/SPAN][BR style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(0,64,127); FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"][SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(0,64,127); FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"][/SPAN][FONT style="COLOR: rgb(0,64,127); FONT-FAMILY: Verdana" size=7][FONT size=6][SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold"]Attempting to give a damn....[/SPAN][/FONT][BR style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold"][BR style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold"][SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold"]/Fail[/SPAN][/FONT]
[/SPAN][/SPAN]

[SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(96,0,191)"][SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(0,0,255)"][SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(160,64,255)"]mr kitty -- i was explaining to Raging Poodle what happened, when lise and pc got all rabid.[/SPAN][/SPAN][/SPAN]

[SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(96,0,191)"][SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(0,0,255)"][SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(160,64,255)"][/SPAN][/SPAN][/SPAN]

[SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(96,0,191)"][SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(0,0,255)"][SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(160,64,255)"][FONT color=#000000][SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold"]Oops![/SPAN][BR style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold"][BR style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold"][SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold"]Oh well, we can't always get what we want, eh P.C.?  [/SPAN][BR style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold"][BR style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold"][SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold"]I'm sure you know alot about that. ;)[/SPAN]
  [/FONT][/SPAN][/SPAN][/SPAN]

[SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(96,0,191)"][SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(0,0,255)"][SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(160,64,255)"] [SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(96,0,191)"]You see, how hyperactive these two admins (Lise & PC) are![/SPAN][/DIV][/SPAN][/SPAN][/SPAN][/SPAN]

[FONT color=#00007f]I believe the jury is out on whether there was any abuse of authority in this thread. But hey who am I to comment, after all I've been "ordered" to drop the issue. [/FONT][A onclick="addImg('icon/icon_smile_wink.gif')" href="jvascript:void(0)"][FONT color=#00007f][/FONT][/A]

[FONT color=#00007f][/FONT]

[FONT color=#00007f]Do you enjoy quoting words out of context P.C.? [/FONT]

[FONT color=#00007f]Because from what I remember, that's what whomever compiled that list did. [/FONT]

[FONT color=#00007f]And you're backing it up now, much like the way mods constantly give cover to their favorite trolls on DV.[/FONT]

[FONT color=#00007f]When you look at it objectively, at the very least you can see from the sentence structure that those remarks were RESPONSES to someone else's comments. [/FONT]

[FONT color=#00007f]Seeing that your nickname is mentioned there, it appears some of them were responses to YOU - and perhaps to your provocations? [/FONT]

[FONT color=#00007f]Until of course Bork came in and started uttering threats and shaking the big stick of banning. [/FONT]

[FONT color=#00007f]The whole scenario reminded me of a story of an assault victim who goes to the Police for help.  And officers immediately start beating up on the person, yelling shut up, shut up, shut up! [/FONT][A onclick="addImg('icon/icon_smile_tongue.gif')" href="jvascript:void(0)"][FONT color=#00007f][/FONT][/A]

TehBorken

Raging Poodle! wrote:
On one hand, true; you can't trust human nature not to abuse or misuse any bit power they're given.
On the other hand, sometimes I make typos and I enjoy having the freedom to be able to edit and correct my own messages.

Well...you can't have it both ways. (Yes, there are some boards that allow a "grace time" to edit posts before they become cast in stone. This isn't one of them.)

If visitors here don't want to be allowed a certain amount of adult discretion and privileges, they've probably come to the wrong place. Yes, the ability to edit posts can be removed, but I don't think that's a good idea overall. Then again, sometimes there are no good answers.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Moolah!

TehBorken wrote:
  Raging Poodle! wrote:[BR style="FONT-STYLE: italic"][SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]On one hand, true; you can't trust human nature not to abuse or misuse any bit power they're given.[/SPAN][BR style="FONT-STYLE: italic"][SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic"] On the other hand, sometimes I make typos and I enjoy having the freedom to be able to edit and correct my own messages.[/SPAN]

Well...you can't have it both ways. (Yes, there are some boards that allow a "grace time" to edit posts before they become cast in stone. This isn't one of them.)

If visitors here don't want to be allowed a certain amount of adult discretion and privileges, they've probably come to the wrong place. Yes, the ability to edit posts can be removed, but I don't think that's a good idea overall. Then again, sometimes there are no good answers.

I'm happy with it. It helps keep occassional typos and grammatical errors to minimum, and ultimately that reflects well on the image of the board as well.

When one is in an environment where everyone writes with minimal errors, then an outsider joining that environment would also feel compelled to pay attention to the quality of their writing.

TehBorken

Raging Poodle! wrote:
When one is in an environment where everyone writes with minimal errors, then an outsider joining that environment would also feel compelled to pay attention to the quality of their writing.

As a Technical Writer (in a past life) I appreciate it when people pay attention to writing and punctuation. When I see a typo my world flies apart and I damn near fall into a comma.

P.C.

A comma ?  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c025.gif" border=0]    

Sportsdude

Its a coma but worse.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

TehBorken

P.C. wrote:
A comma ?  

It's a tech writer joke. If you were a tech writer you would have laughed non-stop, like crazy, until they came and sedated you and took you away to a nice quiet place.

Signed,

Joe Tech Writer
"Eye Right Goode Sew Ewe Don't Half Two!"

P.C.

It's a tech writer joke. If you were a tech writer you would have laughed non-stop, like crazy, until they came and sedated you and took you away to a nice quiet place.

I DID.....and I'm not even a tech writer. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a070.gif" border=0]

*A comma is the brief pause before lapsing into a full coma.

I am writing this from my quiet place. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/konfus/k045.gif" border=0]

TFF

How interesting.  A mod just snuck in on DV and conveniently deleted the thread titled Raging Poodle is a big baby !!!!!!!! ([SPAN lang=EN-CA style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-CA; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"]TOPIC_ID=149223) [/SPAN]where had raor had posted some really nasty words about PC and another poster aluded to raor being TehAngel.  

I bet Raging Poodle has that thread saved somewhere.  

P.C.

I just posted that I thought that the poster may have removed it themselves, because there is no indication that it was removed by an admin.  But after checking with a newer member, I realize that there isn't an option to remove their own threads.  I thought there was. (???)  I'm baffled. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/konfus/n020.gif" border=0]

|