Requesting a favour

Started by P.C., Mar 03 07 02:16

Previous topic - Next topic

P.C.

I was wondering if anyone in Vancouver/Burnaby etc., could have a look the next time you are shopping for coffee at your local grocery store and see if there is a Nabob Tradition [FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffbf"]Extra Fine Grind.[/FONT]  For some reason our stores are not carrying it anymore.

According to Kraft Canada it is still available, but they were not very helpful in telling me WHERE.  I haven't even been able to find it online.  

We can still get the Fine Grind and the Extra Fine Grind in decaf.....but no Extra Fine.

I would much appreciate it......I'll be over there in mid-March, and I'd love to know where to get some without touring the whole city.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Russ

ok, we'll keep our eyes peeled.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

P.C.

Thanks Russ.  I don't mind grinding coffee SOME  mornings, but there are times when it's just a nuisance.  We drank that coffee for years....... it's been gone for about 2 years (3?) and we've tried every brand under the sun and 4 different coffee makers to get that taste back.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/nahrung/a030.gif" border=0]

Lise

I'll look out for you. That's funny, I never knew Nabob comes in different versions of grindable beans. I thought they were all the same.

I love the smell of coffee beans being grinded. My favorite aisle is the coffee aisle. Besides it's always refreshing to see a silly noob trying to work the machine every so often.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

I love the smell of the coffee aisle too.  

We don't buy Nabob beans....we just buy the regular grind, and then regrind it at home to the 'extra fine'. (99% of the time Mr P.C. makes the coffee in the morning...I'm mostly whining about the one day a week that I make it....Sunday morning.  I'm pathetic....LOL)

purelife

Nabob Extra Fine Grind... got it.  I'll look around as well for you PC.  

What's the occasion of visiting Van?  Family?  Or are you coming up to visit Russ, Lise, Orca, Gopher and myself?  ;)  We'd love to meet you. (for real) :)

pitbullca.bc

I don't live in the Van area...but do work in a place that has coffee...

P.C.

Thanks everyone.  I'm up for buying a case or two if I can find it.

Van trip is for a convention of Mr. P.C.'s.  I'm tagging along because there's a nice lavish hotel and some good meals involved....lol.  Not sure what the itinerary is yet, but there will be some family visiting for sure.

[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a084.gif" border=0]  

kingy

nothing at the stupidstore in metrotown.

Russ

thanks for the heads up kingy, I was going to check the one down along marine drive later.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

doofus

They have it in the store near my place.  Whoops, gotta run.  Got an airplane to catch.  TTU next month.

P.C.

Why thank you doofus.  What a......doofussy thing to do.  

(hot date with Paris ?)

Lise

Hey PC,

Unable to locate N Xtra Fine at Superstore so you can cross that off your list.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

[FONT size=4]Thank you SO much Lise.  [/FONT]

In spite of 3 emails from Kraft Canada who insist it's available, they couldn't narrow it down as to WHERE it's availalbe.

Lise

Not a problem, PC. I really hunted all over the aisle but I was quite surprised they didn't have Xtra Fine. Actually, I didn't even see the Xtra fine in decaffe either. Only Fine or Medium.

Anyways, I'll keep my eye peel out for you next time I'm in Save-On Foods but I don't think they will carry your brand there.

Good luck though.
Bill Cosby.