What are you listening to now?

Started by Lise, Feb 07 07 09:56

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Michel

purelife

I knew a security guard who guarded GM Place (frisking people) when Celine was here for a concert.

He was standing right beside her and noticed how skinny she was.  I don't think he liked her too.

Michel

Van

Michel wrote:
I think she's like McDonald. It's everywhere and insipid, yet it brings money.[/DIV]
 ok, talk like that will only get you blessings! (is it ok if I bless dudes?)
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Michel

purelife

(is it ok if I bless dudes?)

Just no dudes that start with "sports!"  hee hee.. just kidding.

Van

Fugazi - Waiting Room

[A href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTWSSCYUD4E&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTWSSCYUD4E&feature=related[/A]
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Sportsdude

yeah very funny there pl. lol

franz ferdinand

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Van

Helmet - Unsung!

Classic 90s! 90s music lives forever!

Lil Me

You are a young pup, Van.  You're probably about the same age as purelife and Russ.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Van

Not as young as sports. But I like my age..sorry, LOVE my age and age group.

I love older rock too. Maybe it is because I have older siblings?

I have all the Eagles, Beatles, Stones, Deep Purple, Floyd, Zepp, Boston, Sabbath, old Aerosmith (70s Aerosmith) AC/DC (Bon style).

But 90s rules my ears. The list would go on too long if I mentioned my favs. I love 90s music. 80s, not as much, but there are a few bands that were decent.

Michel

Sportsdude

U2's Three Gospels according to Rolling Stone

Joshua Tree
Achtung Baby
All That You Can Leave Behind

80's U2 is classic rock ish, Bono the pious
90's Mid life crisis U2, lots of machines, very Euro, Bono the dirty rocker who plays at night clubs
00's Old Age U2, grandpa Bono

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Van

U2 is sweet. The only album that turned me off was Pop. But, hey! Let them experience what they need to do.

I also love the 00s music. I didn't give it much credit at first with the onslaught of Creed, Nickelwhatever, 3 *Yaaawn* Doors Down, etc. But it has improved. Now there are a lot of bands that impress the sh*t out of me. Especially Canada's indie scene. Coast to coast! Of course bands from around the globe are kicking ass and taking names too.

P.C.

Its Celine, because of her, everyone makes fun of canadians outside of canada. Plus her songs seem to follow me where ever I go. haunting lol

listening to the kooks new album, doesn't come out for another month. I like it.

Riiiight.  That's why Caesars Palace Colosseum built a 4,100-seat arena, specially for her show and cost $95 million to build.  That's why she played five-years of almost consistently sold out shows, a $400+ million engagement which saw Dion performing a 717 times.  That's why her agreement to a 3 year contract kept her on stage for 5 years.  

I'm not the biggest Celine fan in spite of the fact that I think she is not only talented, but a great entertainer.....but come on.....everyone makes fun of Canadians because of Celine ?????? Give your head a shake.  Celine is and always has been more popular in the States than she ever was in Canada. Mind you....now her popularity is worldwide. I wonder if the whole world is making fun of Canada just because of Celine.

[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a136.gif" border=0]

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

|