What are you listening to now?

Started by Lise, Feb 07 07 09:56

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Van

I see Denver as a mix of everyone. I am sure there its share of conservatism too. Pretty huge corporate centre in the town.

Then again, Calgary has a mix of everyone, but some people don't see past the oil towers.
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

P.C.

.....and you wondered why your roomate hated you. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/konfus/p105.gif" border=0]  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Michel

Van

Yeah, those evil rednecks in Calgary! Home to one of Canada's biggest folks fests, reggae fests, Canada's only gay rodeo, and Canada's second largest Carribean festival.  
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Sportsdude

lol not that roommate, my best friend roommate. haha

festivals are one thing, voting tendencies federally and provincially, (yet self identified Liberal mayors is quite odd) and political outlooks are another. Denver passed a 6.2 billion dollar 192km creation of 6 light rail lines (like the Maxx in Portland) l, an electric communter rail and a diesel rail line.
The Chicano movement was big in Denver. bi-lingualism, Mexican American Civil Rights movement etc.  In Calgary its those "bums and creeps" to use King Ralph's words.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Van

Sportsdude wrote:
lol not that roommate, my best friend roommate. haha

festivals are one thing, voting tendencies federally and provincially, (yet self identified Liberal mayors is quite odd) and political outlooks are another. Denver passed a 6.2 billion dollar 192km creation of 6 light rail lines (like the Maxx in Portland) l, an electric communter rail and a diesel rail line.
The Chicano movement was big in Denver. bi-lingualism, Mexican American Civil Rights movement etc.  In Calgary its those "bums and creeps" to use King Ralph's words.

Once again, proves you like to generalize every FU*KING person and place in the world. Graduate from school little guy, go live life, stop googling it! You obviously don't have a clue.

Sportsdude

didn't know voting records = stereotyping...
interesting.

Van

Yes, you are a Holier than though generalizer.

You once thought Vancouver was the be all, end all places in the universe...I could post some threads from DV...now it is a slummy ghetto where nobody cares about social issues.

As far as Calgary goes, you have no idea what the people are like there. I will tell you exactly what they are like, they are human beings...same goes for Edmonton, Kamloops, London, Rome....

Sportsdude

vancouver a slummy ghetto? um no. nicest cities I've ever seen.
i think you're generalizing me for thinking that I generalize. Just because I'm critical of one little thing, doesn't mean i throw the baby out with the bath water.

Van

Do you really want me to dig up the stuff you wrote on DS not too long ago? Nevermind DV!

EDIT: I looked for a secruity person to say somebody needs help, couldn't find anyone. I doubt if I started saying "hey guys this guy looks dead!" [FONT color=#0000bf]vancouverites wouldn't respond too well or at all[/FONT].

Lil Me

Yoohoo!  This is the listening thread.
 Anyone listening to John Denver?  lol
 Or...the ShaNaNa hit "Shot Down in Denver"?  (uh oh, now I'm dating myself...)

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Van

Nope, don't know that song. I do know who John Denver was.

I think the thread went from MGMT playing Cochella, to generalizing...again.

I guess I am the type of person that judges a place on the place itself. Not by the vote that took place and I read about online. I know Calgary is conservative. I could care less. I am not overly liberal anyways.  God, I sure hope people don't judge BC and Vancouver by voting records!

P.C.

I agree.

John Denver...woo hoooo!!!!

Please daddy don't get drunk this Christmas

I don't wanna see my mama cryyyy.......
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

We didn't get much sleep but we had a lot of fun
  On Grandma's feather bed

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

zen monk

[font style="font-family: Verdana;" size="4"]Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent. [/font][div style="font-style: italic; font-family: Verdana;" class="auth"]Victor Hugo[/div]  

|