I FRACKEN HATE TAX TIME

Started by Lise, Feb 06 07 11:55

Previous topic - Next topic

purelife

Sportsdude wrote:
Could you tell them that? They seemed to have not gotten the message.  They think I'll lose the forms or something.

You need to prove to them that you're more independant.  They think that you still need to be babied.

Last week we had this big blow up because I didn't know how to put money into my banking account.  They're like you should know by now.  [FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffff40"]I go well how am I suppose to know what to do when nobody has ever shown me?[/FONT] ugh.

It was kind of your own fault for not taking initiative of asking the Teller how to deposit, withdraw and make that sort of transactions.  It sounds like you rely on your parents still and haven't proved to them that you can do things on your own.

Sportsdude

How am I suppose to deposit money when I'm not even given the pay stubs?  I don't see anything at all.  The thing is I want the responsibilty but they don't trust me for some reason.  Yet they 'trusted' me when I was 16 to drive to a school 60 miles round trip on busy inter-state highways alone every morning, yet when it comes to money stuff, "nope your not responsible" lol please.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

49er

Sportsdude wrote:
I think I have the only job in the world where I don't pay taxes.  Been working for 3 years and I have yet to see a tax form come through the mail.  Am I missing out?  
  don't your employer withhold part of your money and send you a W-2 form to file your tax returns?  If you have tax withheld and don't earn enough you get all the withholdings back and more thru "earn income credit"  

James H.

Frack is not even a word?!

ok maybe it is? like out of the Archie comics..the word "Gak"?

Sportsdude

W-2 form thats what it is. I get those but then again I don't see them.  I've tried talking to my parents, brought this up with them and my counselor and they still don't want me doing my own financial stuff.  It just blows my mind.  Yup its okay to fly across country to place you've never been by yourself for a week or its okay to drive across country through mountains and what not alone but nope on the financial stuff.  So I've basically given up trying to talk to them I'll just learn this stuff when I move out I guess. Since they don't 'trust' me when history says otherwise.  

49er

your parents probably claim you as their dependant....thats why they think it wasn't necessay

Sportsdude

yeah probably they do now that I think about it.  Still boggles my mind though on the things they say.  Then they look shocked that I actually did those things like fly across country talk to a school, roomed, and so on.  I swear they think I'm still 8 or something.

At least its not too bad my friend who is 23 never comes home because when he does come home from school he's still treated like a baby, he's got a 9:30pm curfew and his parents follow him while he drives up to his school in Minnesota.  now thats nuts.

Lise

Geez. Thank you Russ for spoiling my daydream about holding an account in the Cayman Island. Meh.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

well there's always those little tax haven places in Europe.  

Russ

Lise wrote:
 Geez. Thank you Russ for spoiling my daydream about holding an account in the Cayman Island. Meh.[/DIV]
 LOL, why? Just dont use a credit card from that account, use one from a local bank. And dont withdraw more than 500 within a 24 hour period using an ATM or they will track it. 500 or under and they dont record who its from when its international.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Sportsdude

I wouldn't want to move to the Caymens anyway its going to go under water in a few years and plus you've got hurricanes, they like to take that path on their way into the gulf.  Its like a Hurricane Highway.